Clodbusterfan

What is the best chassis for my new Super Clod?

I'm not sure if the axle stabilizer plate brace is really nessecery.

I think the anti rotation bracets are more useful.

Also the Chassis plate brace bracket isn't really nessecery, but there is also a brace that lenghtens  the wheelbase. That would boost the performence and you could archeive a better/longer suspension.

Here you have the chassibrace installed if you are interrested in how a cheap solution looks.

20200823_120228.jpg

20200823_120213.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a "general clodbuster discussion thread" on TC?  (short questions, short answers)

I have a question about the original chassis. I dont understand why a lot of people buy aftermarket metal chassis in the style of the original plastic chassis....
Most of them do not look very good....
Yes, that regulator chassis and things like that look 100 times better than the Original, but most of the metal "Old School" aftermarketchassis do not look very good and i do not see the advantage other than you could lower your Clod and the shocks are able to get more travel inside the chassis because the axles are not blocked by the bottom of the chassis....

So why Peole do not use the original chassis as often?
AND why i do not see any chassis strenghtening like that:

chassis.jpg.b4cfc18eb0c11f68c91351b4820e94fd.jpg

You can put Standoffs between the mounting of the schocks. But i did not see that once.....
Why?

spacer.png

Does that has any negative effects?
Do you need the "flex" of that chassis to prevent crack or something like that?
I don`t get it :D

19 minutes ago, whahooo said:

I dont understand why a lot of people buy aftermarket metal chassis in the style of the original plastic chassis....

Back in the day, the aluminum "stock style" chassis were among the first to hit the aftermarket. Sassy Chassis was one of the first but their were other like AMP's too. It was an evolution thing. Early racing Clods used Sassy Chassis because that's what was around. The earliest ESP Clodzilla's were Sassy type chassis drilled full of holes to cut weight. PDI/Bennett's Clod-A-Lever suspension system even had a "batwing" adapter to fit it to stock-type chassis designs. Things began to progress once ESP brought out their ladder frame chassis featured on the Clodzilla 2. Bennett then made a dedicated chassis to go with their kit making it one of the most successful early racing setups. 

Alot of the stock-style aluminum chassis we see today are probably about nostalgia. Triggerking's Outlaw Retro class uses these types of chassis. Its not about all-out performance but more about recreating the feel of those early days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Back in the day, the aluminum "stock style" chassis were among the first to hit the aftermarket. Sassy Chassis was one of the first but their were other like AMP's too. It was an evolution thing. Early racing Clods used Sassy Chassis because that's what was around. The earliest ESP Clodzilla's were Sassy type chassis drilled full of holes to cut weight. PDI/Bennett's Clod-A-Lever suspension system even had a "batwing" adapter to fit it to stock-type chassis designs. Things began to progress once ESP brought out their ladder frame chassis featured on the Clodzilla 2. Bennett then made a dedicated chassis to go with their kit making it one of the most successful early racing setups. 

Alot of the stock-style aluminum chassis we see today are probably about nostalgia. Triggerking's Outlaw Retro class uses these types of chassis. Its not about all-out performance but more about recreating the feel of those early days.

Saito nailed it, not much to add other than I'd take a stock chassis over an old-school bent aluminum chassis for performance any day.  For nostalgia, nothing beats one of those old aluminum chassis.  I still have a stretched aluminum chassis from Sicnme Products that I bought a few years back waiting to be built for the retro class, will be a Bigfoot III or IV tribute (haven't decided yet).  

• Like 1