Sign in to follow this  
kbooth

Gear box upgrade for vintage Hotshot II

As my son gets into RC cars (just built the Sans Viper for him) I am having some fun and upgrading my old HotShot II that I love.

Picked up a TBLM-02S 10.5T brushless mortar and TBLE-03S ECU that I am putting into it.

Got the new pinion gear I need and will be putting in all new  bearings, but am having issues figuring out what I can upgrade in the gear box when it comes to the spur gear, etc, etc, etc.  Would like to replace any of the plastic parts that can be replaced with something stronger as what I have now is all stock.

What about the front gear box? Are their parts you can upgrade in the front gear box also? Also seen people recommend upgraded ball differentials?

Just looking for some recommendations for the above needs as there are so many parts out there I can't tell what will work with my Hotshot II and what won't.

Thanks in advance!

10.5t is really fast for a Hotshot.  Turn the throttle EPA way down to avoid a barrage of broken gears, A-arms, knuckles, and lost dogbones.

which is why I want to upgrade any parts I can to avoid said barrage of broken parts :)

19 minutes ago, kbooth said:

which is why I want to upgrade any parts I can to avoid said barrage of broken parts :)

Unfortunately, short of the expensive mip ball diffs you are out of luck (unless you can source even more expensive Thorp vintage upgrades). However the stock gears are fairly robust as.longnas you don't over power them.  A new set of re re gears is your best option along with must have ballraces

1 hour ago, kbooth said:

re re gears? ballraces? :D 

Hotshot 2007 gear set and ballrace set.  If you Google them they should pop up