Alexei

brushless motor for TT-02

went to the hobby shop yesterday to buy an brushless motor for my TT-02, and came home with an 4350kv combo set. im am new to brushless stuff, and i have only one other car with brushless setup, an 10,5T motor for drifting, which i got driving just about 2 months ago.

the goal is a streetcar for bashing around, not serious racing. should be quick, but i dont want to chase top speeds. a top speed around 40km/t should be fine. was told at shop that the motor combo should be capable of aprox. 55 km/t depending battery and gearing. the other motors they have in stock is more powerful, so i did not have that much of an selection.

was my purchase right for what i am looking for?

any suggestions for gearing?

I have a TT02S that I just installed a 4000kv brushless combo into, and honestly I've found it quite a handful. Crazy speed with a 25t pinion, so I'd recommend something in the 20-22t range to get around 40-45km/h on 2s if my estimation is correct. The TT02 is known to have somewhat sloppy steering, so you might want to think about sorting that out before pushing so much power. Also a hardened aluminum or steel pinion is pretty much a must, as are ball bearings if you haven't installed them already.

mine is a type-S, so i do have ball bearings. i also got aluminium steering plus some other upgrades too. i plan to run a 2S lipo in it.