Sign in to follow this  
burakol

GPM or Yeah Racing for CC01 steering upgrade?

Will placing order on RCMart sooner rather than later for parts to fix my broken Manta Ray. I've read a lot of concerns regarding the sloppy CC01 steering so I thought might as well order an upgrade part to alleviate it. Considering functionality, which among the two should be a better part; the GPM or the Yeah Racing? 

I also read that the Hot Racing steering is probably better, but it costs a little more and I am not sure if I would gain significant benefit from it? Thank you. 

I bought the Yeah Racing part and cannot complain while I found the kit steering very disappointing. Based on photos, the GPM steering partially uses brass bushings instead of ball bearings. I did not like that. The Hot Racing costs more than I wanted to spend.

• Like 1

GPM is total crap. Only two options. Hot Racing (HR) or Yeah Racing (YR). Between the two, Hot Racing is the best steering set for the CC-01. Don't compromise price over quality. You'll be disappointed and will be wasting money (in replacing), time (in rebuilding) and effort (in ordering). I know this coz I tried the GPM first, then Xtraspeed (another crap, just as lousy as stock in aluminum form), then read reviews so I skipped YR and went for HR and it's been great. I wish I went that route right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

GPM is total crap. Only two options. Hot Racing (HR) or Yeah Racing (YR). Between the two, Hot Racing is the best steering set for the CC-01. Don't compromise price over quality. You'll be disappointed and will be wasting money (in replacing), time (in rebuilding) and effort (in ordering). I know this coz I tried the GPM first, then Xtraspeed (another crap, just as lousy as stock in aluminum form), then read reviews so I skipped YR and went for HR and it's been great. I wish I went that route right away.

Thanks. I placed the order for Yeah Racing. Hopefully it's not a crap shoot. Not that I am compromising functionality over cost, but when needing other parts to keep other cars, running, $10 price difference can become huge. I'm probably in the wrong hobby for not wanting to spend money... 

6 hours ago, burakol said:

Thanks. I placed the order for Yeah Racing. Hopefully it's not a crap shoot. Not that I am compromising functionality over cost, but when needing other parts to keep other cars, running, $10 price difference can become huge. I'm probably in the wrong hobby for not wanting to spend money... 

The trick is, focus on one build first. That's what I did with my kit's. One at a time and you'll be able to achieve that build goal.

7 hours ago, FuzzyFlynn said:

I bought the Yeah Racing part and cannot complain while I found the kit steering very disappointing. Based on photos, the GPM steering partially uses brass bushings instead of ball bearings. I did not like that. The Hot Racing costs more than I wanted to spend.

Actually the GPM uses ball bearings but the actual issue is the aluminum material GPM used. It's too malleable and deforms quickly where the shaft is connected which causes this steering kit to fail after just a few runs and steers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

The trick is, focus on one build first. That's what I did with my kit's. One at a time and you'll be able to achieve that build goal.

Good point. I will probably save the cc01 and g601tr last... i think those two cars will demand some time and effort especially when doing custom mods... once the parts i ordered comes in, I will he fixing the Manta Ray, then build the Terra Scorcher... then either the cc or g6... for now, it will be a waiting game so might as well finish my on going project with my M03 3d printed shell... 

I had a GPM and when I tightened the bellcrank down it locked the steering mechanism.  The screws had to be left loose for it to work at all.  Pure trash.   You did good with anything but GPM.

• Like 1

I purchased the Hot Racing version. I love it. Though, I did have to shave down the ribs on the chassis so the ball ends would not rub.

• Like 2