Quincy

Quincys FF-01addiction

NIB ones are always way more expensive than others. If you want a Nissan Primera NIB, prices start at 700€. If you are looking for the parts you may only pay the half.

If you are not a box collector, you have no need for NIB.

The Re-Release of the Top Force Evo is here about 370€. I think it is a fair price for this fully equipped Vintage Buggy. The Top Force Re-Release was about 200€ but came without the HiCap Damper, without Carbon deck and no Titanium Screws.

• Like 1

While the Laguna is waiting for the paint to dry, I have time for another Upgraded Special. Got my hands on a Nissan Primera set. The previous owner recieved this as a gift from Nissan. Obviously he had just build the chassis and was not interested in painting the body:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Luckily this beauty seems to be never run. Just a little bit dusty:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Even the limited blue heat sink is in perfect condition! Very happy about that :D

spacer.png

Because the body is dedicated to @wtcc5 I will only care of the chassis.

Cleaning and Re-assembling was great fun. Never had restored a FF-01 in this perfect conditions. The only thing I have to change is one single standard screw!

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you see I have changed the wheels from the Primera ones to this I already own:

spacer.png

The reason for changing the wheels is simple. Two days ago I found a "never run" Jaccs Accord body and it arrived today. The body had really never been run. But if you know the Jaccs Accord, you know that the decal job is a mess. So the body is ok, but not perfect. Maybe it could be a good runner body. My primary intention was to use this Upgraded Special chassis for the Nissan Primera Castrol until a friend remembered me, that this isn`t true to original.

So I am in two minds about how to proceed. Here it is what it looks like:

spacer.png

• Like 3

Du Glückspilz! Und ich profitiere auch noch davon :D

Who tried to eat the box? Were it your dogs or his?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

Du Glückspilz! Und ich profitiere auch noch davon :D

Who tried to eat the box? Were it your dogs or his?

My dogs will never damage a tamiya box ^_^

• Haha 1

Short Update on the Renault Laguna:

Carson recommends Tamiya PS-17 Metallic Green for the body. The original ones also were pre-painted in this metallic green:

spacer.png

In my opinion this colour is the wrong one, because it is too bright and shiny. The original color is darker and has not that extreme metallic effect.

spacer.png

So I choose Tamiya PS-9 Green and backed it with PS-57 Pearl White. Also have fitted the body to the chassis and adjusted the width of the chassis. Next step will be doing the decals...

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just looked through this thread.. Impressive work and those cars looks just awsome. I understand your addiction for these cars. 

• Like 2

Very good choice of color!

The rear wing looks a little flimsy. How about using a Tamiya plastic wing? Like, for example the Opel Vectra one?

And about the decals... they will take some time, because I have no scanner at home... sorry.

• Like 1

Thank you!

There is no need for hurry, I have two other FF-01 projects to do ;)

As mentioned before I got another primera NIB. The seller doesn`t know if it is complete, so I got it for a good price. After checking the box, only the wheels are missing.

spacer.png

After all these FF-01 builds, this will be a rare "out of box build".

spacer.png

So everything is ready and I will enjoy building without a cleanout before :D

spacer.png

• Like 4

Yeah.... The closest thing to an "in box" Primera I found around here was $750.00!! 😖

That's one I'll have to admire from you two. My Wife has LIMITS! 😜

4 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Yeah.... The closest thing to an "in box" Primera I found around here was $750.00!! 😖

That's one I'll have to admire from you two. My Wife has LIMITS! 😜

I bought mine for 200$ from U.S. with shipping and taxes it ends up at 300$. As mentioned the seller didn`t know if the kit is completly, so it was a little gamble.

• Like 1

Meanwhile I have finished the chassis. It takes 2,5 hours and I really enjoyed it! Making some pictures of the building process:

spacer.png

Front section, with all this brand new parts

spacer.png

Also the rear and the mid section:

spacer.png

And this feeling when all comes together :wub:

spacer.png

• Like 6

I done my  Kyosho 1998 Laguna a few years back now. Yes the Carson colour was wrong and was actually more like the 1999 car. The 1998 was just gloss green.  Also to note the carson windscreen sun strip is painted the wrong green too. 

I also have a 1997 Laguna done too :)

20210105_162941.jpg

• Like 4

Very very big thanks to my friend wtcc5! As my Castrol Primera came without wheels, wtcc5 surprise me with this birthday present

spacer.png

So I can finally complete my "new out of box build" Primera Castrol:

spacer.png

I have backed the metallic green with Pearl white, to get it a bit more shiny.

spacer.png

spacer.png

At the beginning of my FF-01 addiction, I felt in love with the Accords, but now I prefer the Primeras :wub:

• Like 3

Looking good. For the polished lip on those wheels to look more realistic I can recommend the Molotow chrome paint pen. It's way easier to use than Alclad airbrush paint and looks just as shiny. 

• Like 2

@wtcc5 That was very generous!!! 👍👍

@Quincy That looks AMAZING!! I feel the same way. And Happy Birthday!!!🎂 

@rich_f GOOD idea!!💡 I use those Paint Pens a lot. One of the BEST Chrome replicas available. Even better over a Black base!

On 2/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, rich_f said:

Looking good. For the polished lip on those wheels to look more realistic I can recommend the Molotow chrome paint pen. It's way easier to use than Alclad airbrush paint and looks just as shiny. 

Thank you, I will try it the next time. Sounds good!

Meanwhile I could finish a quick "Re-Build". Got a FF-01 Golf III VR6 in quite good conditions:

spacer.png

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I had just forgotten to make better ones.

The previous owner obviously had the opinion that the Golf looks better with yellow stripes. I don`t agree. So I removed the stripes and also the paint of the windows:

spacer.png

Already looking much better. I painted just a thin layer of paint to the windows and got the correct wheels.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unfortunately some decals are worn out, others even missing. So maybe I can get a new decals sheet someday. But I am quite happy with this "Low Budget" FF-01. As I could sell the rims the previous owner gave me and I just need to buy the original rims, that is a 30€ FF-01 Golf III!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I'm just GLAD it's not the one on my Watch List!!! 😜  Great Deal. 👍👍

I can`t buy all the FF-01s out there :lol:

• Haha 1

No FF-01 collection is complete without a New Beetle.

Luckily I got my hands on a NIB kit.

spacer.png

But I decided just to use the body and save the chassis parts for another project. Accidentally I have a recently restored FF-01 in storage, which had only to be equipped with the fitting wheels.

spacer.png

As I have build the FF-01 Golf III VR6 recently, the suggested painting scheme of the New Beetle is a little bit boring. It should be a little more "racier".

After searching the web, I found out, that there has been an own New Beetle race class at the end of the 90s, called "ADAC New Beetle Cup".

spacer.pngspacer.png

So the decision has been made and I was starting to look for a fitting Beetle wing set and could finally acquire a set. The rest is merely a matter of form. And here it is:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5