Quincy

Quincys FF-01addiction

On 2/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, Quincy said:

I can`t buy all the FF-01s out there :lol:

No, but you're giving it a good try!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Sweatpants said:

The ff01 list doesn't end eh?  I can get over how many you have. 

Actually I have 12 finished FF-01 projects.

Nr 13 Laguna is still waiting for decals

Nr 14 Golf IV waiting for the build

Nr. 15 Indoor runner and Nr. 16 Outdoor Runner are already in the planning stage

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rich_f said:

No, but you're giving it a good try!

I will do my best ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Actually I have 12 finished FF-01 projects.

Nr 13 Laguna is still waiting for decals

Nr 14 Golf IV waiting for the build

Nr. 15 Indoor runner and Nr. 16 Outdoor Runner are already in the planning stage

My fear is always breaking parts.  I have two cars.  both are brand new never run.. one is so brittle that i fear even looking at it, the other is my version of a TRF spec but too pretty to run lol

2 minutes ago, Sweatpants said:

My fear is always breaking parts.  I have two cars.  both are brand new never run.. one is so brittle that i fear even looking at it, the other is my version of a TRF spec but too pretty to run lol

I don`t worry about that, got enough spare parts for keep them running.

14 hours ago, Sweatpants said:

I always wonder about the statement that the plastic is so brittle, as I find it quite good on all my chassis for its age. Was your car exposed to sunlight for a long time?

These cars weren't tough from the beginning. Especially the front shocktower has a molding issue on the mounts that leads to cracks. All the chassis I have are still good on the plastic side. Only the gear cover (which has no real load to take), the front tower mounts and the rear inner camberlink mounts seem to be sensitive. And these didn't fail in Quincys and my outdoor racing (yet). If I compare it to TT-02 plastic (the tub for example) it just seems to be a little more brittle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

I always wonder about the statement that the plastic is so brittle, as I find it quite good on all my chassis for its age. Was your car exposed to sunlight for a long time?

These cars weren't tough from the beginning. Especially the front shocktower has a molding issue on the mounts that leads to cracks. All the chassis I have are still good on the plastic side. Only the gear cover (which has no real load to take), the front tower mounts and the rear inner camberlink mounts seem to be sensitive. And these didn't fail in Quincys and my outdoor racing (yet). If I compare it to TT-02 plastic (the tub for example) it just seems to be a little more brittle.

The one car i have is fine.  I actually took the knuckles etc and put them on the other car.  The other car, im not sure.  i went to switch the brass ball ends at one point and the plastic just crumbled.  I'm sure its probably age/uv that is the issue.  i have a ta03 from 1996 that has plastics that are brand new no issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As I am going to build a new body for my FF-01 Runner, my Alfa body needs another Chassis. First I planned to build a FF-01 for this body too, but the Alfa originally came with the FF-02 Chassis.

It was a tough choice, because I really don`t like the FF-02. Also don`t like the TL-01 because of it`s layout. But the fact that I already own some FF-01s, FF-03s and one FF-04 had lead to the decision that I have to own at last one FF-02.

So here it is:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

As I am actually spending most of my time in building my outdoor runner, I can`t resist buying more FF-01 :D

First I got the Jaccs Civic, after already owning two Jaccs Accord Upgraded Special, this is the missing Jaccs in my collection:

spacer.png

It came already finished, the body has some minor damages, but the chassis seems to be never run.

spacer.png

I am quite happy that the body is in good conditions. Actually I don`t want another decal mess :lol:

spacer.png

The next one is the Volvo 850 JTCC. I already own one, but this came with unpainted body and never run chassis, too. The price was very fair, so I didn`t think twice. Here is what I got:

spacer.png

It also came with the box :wub:

spacer.png

• Like 6

Time for the Runner!

After a long time I had spend some time into the runner of the 2021 season. Got some option parts:

spacer.png

As I don`t like too many different colours on a car, all parts got new anodizing:

spacer.png

Hope this will improve cooling on hot sommer days.

spacer.png

As mentioned before I am going to use a Primera body. Got a new body set from "Down Under" and equipped it with the Ride precut tires.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ready for Outdoor Racing 2021 ^_^

• Like 8

Can’t wait for our schoolyard Primera festival :wub:

Lets pray for warm sunny weather in April!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

Can’t wait for our schoolyard Primera festival :wub:

Lets pray for warm sunny weather in April!

Enough builds, it is time for serious racing B)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 5:47 AM, Quincy said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is beautiful! The all black anodized parts are really cool. You should have anodized the damper bodies and servo mount too. 

14 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

This is beautiful! The all black anodized parts are really cool. You should have anodized the damper bodies and servo mount too. 

Thank you! Iam thinking about changing the dampers to Black TRF ones. The servo mount will be anodized the next time. 

• Like 2

Are you sure it´s still a runner Quincy? Look at that bottomside and think about scratches?:rolleyes:

But turned out great, looking very modern with classic charme...

Kind regards,

Matthias

oh how i would love to find that aluminum upper chassis piece for the rear.. rare bird that is.

22 minutes ago, Sweatpants said:

haha of course the only thing they dont have is that upper rear brace.

I designed a carbon one. You need some 3d printed parts from my shapeways store and the carboj piece from Fibre Lyte

On 3/23/2021 at 6:57 AM, ruebiracer said:

Are you sure it´s still a runner Quincy? Look at that bottomside and think about scratches?:rolleyes:

But turned out great, looking very modern with classic charme...

Kind regards,

Matthias

Thank you! I have used the chassis already last year for outdoor races. I will protect it with Tamiya protection seal (53469).

• Thanks 1

During some Offroad Action time with @wtcc5 there had been no news on the FF-01 addiction.

But meanwhile I could add the missing Ford Mondeo to my collection. Even if I am no big fan of this body, it is a must have for my collection:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Wie der glänzt :wub:

Ist super geworden!

• Thanks 1