Raman36

44054 TG10-Mk.2FZ Chassis 2020

Nothing new here.. Tamiya is repacking  the dead horse TG10 Mk2, yet again for 2020.

I don’t dislike this kit, I used to own the TG10 Mk2 Pro and converted it to run the OS FS-26S-C V.2.  I sold it and regret it every time I see a TG10.  The OS 4 strokes are long gone now and fetching crazy $

I would buy one of these iterations if Tamiya would get serious about it’s price.. no one is going to pay $400 for a kit that has been around for decades, that didn’t sell.  

A few years ago they did release a version That had narrower arms so it could rub 190mm bodies.. one smart move by Tamiya on a chassis that doesn’t sell.. 😂 

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Nothing new here.. Tamiya is repacking  the dead horse TG10 Mk2, yet again for 2020.

I don’t dislike this kit, I used to own the TG10 Mk2 Pro and has converted it to run the OS FS-26S-C V.2.  I sold it and regret it every time I see a TG10.  The OS 4 strokes are long gone now and fetching crazy $

I would buy one of these iterations if Tamiya would get serious about it’s price.. no one is going to pay $400 for a kit that has been around for decades, that didn’t sell.  

A few years they did release a version That had narrower arms so it could rub 190mm bodies.. one smart move by Tamiya on a chassis that doesn’t sell.. 😂 

OS FS-26S-C V.2

not 16 ?

Your thinking of a 2 stroke.  These cars can run a .12-.15 in 2 stroke. OS had. CV.12 and CV.15 back then.

You could even squeeze a .18.. The equivalent was a .26 in 4 stroke. 

OS did actually make a .20 4 stroke as well.. but not designed for a car

There is a small but persistent interest in nitro, not sure what the maths looks like for a company like Tamiya, but they’ve been around long enough to know how to make money.

I don’t really get on road nitro, unless it’s a competitive race car but apart from a brief spell between 2000 and 2010 Tamiya have never been into producing competitive chassis. Certainly in the UK the places where you can run nitro on road cars is limited. Most streets where you could happily drive your electrics would soon complain if you ran tank after tank of nitro let alone you and your mates! So I don’t fully understand this choice, if it was rally or off-road at least most of us can get far enough away from the public to not annoy them.

That said i hope it sells and gives life to some older models looking for parts. Who knows in 5yrs time I may grab a second hand one off eBay if the price is right.

Back when I had the TG10 mk2.. parts were readily available.. so TamiyaUSA had plenty of stock, was never discontinued. so I’m sure the repackaging is to burn through stock.. but sales need to happen.

I think pricing is the main challenge. The Mk.2 was almost a carbon copy of the Kyosho FW06. Parts were nearly interchangeable! Presently Kyosho sells the Fazer RTRs with body, engine and radio  for $350.  So Tamiyas pricing strategy here is completely off. 

Also the Fazer is repackaged with new bodies now and again.