GTodd

Bummed out guys!!! Movers lost (4)!!!! Of my vintage runners!!

Pretty bummed out, venting here as my amazing wife doesn't understand.  Finalized a big move, just finished unpacking, (4) of my vintage runners have been lost.

The moves lost a box that contained!

Child Hood Monster Racer

Restored RC10 featured here

King Cab resto featured here

Thundershot converted to Terra Scorcher featured here.

Really sad about the Monster Racer as I got it for Christmas in whatever the release year was and have been driving it since.  

I seperated the bodies from the chassis box, atleast I still have the body from the monster Racer.  Going to build one up.  

Anyone got a Kingcab chassis and monster Racer body posts?

• Sad 12

Check if you have any insurance coverage through the movers. Ask them to double-check their storage facility. Make sure you have good documentation of what was lost (it sounds like you do). Keep pressing because you paid good $$$ for professional movers, and most reputable companies don't want unhappy customers. Good luck!

• Like 7

Who packed the boxes? were they labeled?

and who were the movers?

i know it's just materialist to keep me out of trouble fun as can be builds, but the time it takes to do them and the memory keep sake to me any ways,

I'd press super hard (politely speaking).

was there any other items (boxes) missing?

i not only know people in that business and heard many stories similar to yours and it's an inside job plain and simple.

I wish you luck and already said a prayer,

why? because RC is part of me that's why.

• Like 3

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your vehicles. I would pretty much meltdown if I was in your shoes. People might say they are just "toy" cars but they mean a lot to you and to people like us here. I wish you the absolute best of luck in retrieving them. 

• Like 5

not to make light of the situation GTodd,

BUT this is how i feel for your RC disappearing act...................................................

Pin on Dogs

• Like 3

Cripe, sorry GTodd. I would have flipped my **** at the moving company. Sometimes things are found, hang in there.

Tip: If you are married, check the box labeled "wife's closet". You never know. 

Ouch. That would make me seriously mad. As others have said, you paid good money not only for the models but also the people you entrusted with their care. As suggested I would keep hassling them and getting them to check storage facilities, other wagons etc. 

Really sorry for your loss mate, especially of the sentimental stuff but hope it comes good in the end. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies gang, my company moved me, working with the liasion.

Really bummed out.

The issue is all the boxes are accounted for via the stickers.

I used to coordinate office moves for my last company. Some movers are just a bunch thieving ex cons. On one move, several laptops went missing from multiple offices. I call the moving company the next day to inquire and they miraculously find a “misplaced” box with a few laptops. Moving company eventually had to reimburse my company for the rest of the missing laptops. 

• Like 2

You sure it was lost?

Not to pour salt in the wound, but lots of movers will find known valuable items and make them "accidentally disappear."

Sucks, but that's the risk with moving companies.

PS: Sorry for your lost runners!!!!

Firstly, very sorry to hear about this for you, man.That is rather unfortunate. ( that’s a nice way of saying ******! So I don’t get banned ) 

Ive has work contracted movers move me 3-4 times in my career and the only thing of value I lost was a chainsaw. Fortunately for me, I don’t really have a lot of trees where I moved. 
That said, I’m going to be looking at moving / semi retiring in a year and half and I’m already trying to think about how I will pack/ move my modest collection.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss. 

Thanks gang again!!! The one I'm really gutted about is the monster Racer as I've seriously been driving it since I got it on Christmas day and I've been enjoying it with my son and a Kingcab I rebuilt.  We will see where this goes.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Tip: If you are married, check the box labeled "wife's closet". You never know. 

Just not with the kids about.....😳🐰😂

11 hours ago, GTodd said:

The issue is all the boxes are accounted for via the stickers.

Who put the stickers on the boxes? 

If it was you, then I'm hoping you find the box somewhere daft, like at a relatives ,where you left it for safe keeping! 

Fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

I'm moving house in a few weeks, and all my stuff is in clear plastic boxes, as I figured it would be easier for me (basically, I'm lazy, and they'll be left in the boxes once I've moved, and I can see what's in what)...

Vent away my friend. That SUCKS. I could lose most of my fleet with a bit of a sting, but if my childhood Thunder Dragon went i think there would actually be tears. 

As mentioned above, press hard on the mover as you clearly have a tonne of evidence. Send links to your build threads on here. In a weird way the fact that they are "just toys" and are of sentimental value more than anything means most companies should realise you aren't trying it on. Movers get very warey of lots of conventionally expensive items being claimed like laptops and the like, but this isn't the case. Press your case, send evidence, and i really hope they come through. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear mate.

You can't put a price on sentiment, and the loss of your Monster Racer would cut deep.

Hopefully the cars turn up safe and sound.

The problem with most policies of insurance is that an insurance settlement covers market value only. Not cool, not sentimental value, not labor or love.

Therefore, if your missing cars have anything rare, special or valuable about them, make sure the insurance company knows about it, and try to document what is valuable about these cars and that you owned them in that state.

Otherwise, you see a super rare first edition buggy with a bunch of rare and collectible vintage hop up parts, a buggy that you raised from a couple of sprues and a mail-id catalog order. The insurance company sees an old r/c car that you can buy for $100 (plus shipping) on eBay.

I'm sorry for your loss, my heartfelt sympathies to you. I'm not trying to be callous, just trying to help you get as much as you can if you can't recover your buggies themselves.

• Like 1

I think I would have put that box into the trunk of my car right next to the wife's jewelry box.

Half-kidding aside, it really sucks to learn about this.  Of all of the boxes for them to lose.  Not the silverware.  Not the dishes.  Not the towels.  No, it had to be the vintage RC box.  These weren't just some random toys.  Sorry dude.

2 hours ago, Champ85 said:

I think I would have put that box into the trunk of my car right next to the wife's jewelry box.

Half-kidding aside, it really sucks to learn about this.  Of all of the boxes for them to lose.  Not the silverware.  Not the dishes.  Not the towels.  No, it had to be the vintage RC box.  These weren't just some random toys.  Sorry dude.

I totally should've!!

I still have the Avante, Astute, and Top Force from my childhood, but still . 😟

• Like 2

So the box that had the now misplaced cars in it is in your possession but it’s empty?  Having moved a few times, those stickers on each box are valuable for tracking to ensure every box that was packed in the old place is in your new place.  

Also ensuring the boxes are unpacked by the company is important to track for damage or missing items.

That totally sounds like an inside job. Once the box was on their truck or in their wharehouse if it sat for a bit before going to your new place, they opened it and took what they liked. Was there anything els in the box they left?

No the box isnt empty, i just cant find them! Based on the paperwork all the boxes are accountable. I went through all the boxes, but letf some unpacked, maybe I messed up.  Ill be going through my storage this weekend, maybe I missed them, I sure hope I did!

Guess what showed up?! My runners!!!!! I should've taken a picture.  It came packed in a box that was one of the moving companies boxes. I used a u-haul box for all my stuff!!! 

But anyway all.is right w the world. Time to charge some batteries and drive some cars.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GTodd said:

I used a u-haul box for all my stuff!!!

Funny, huh? B.stards. Did the company broght the box back to you or shipped?