nowinaminute

Cheapest way to replace DT-03 shock tower?

Broke mine the other day after some radio issues.

Looks like I have a choice between new chassis parts set, carbon tower or some kind of alloy one from China.

I don't want to wait for one from China and the other options are a bit pricey for someone on a tight budget. It just annoys me you have to buy the chasiss parts just to get the 1 part you need!

Does anyone know of any cheaper options in the UK or have a stock one left over from an upgrade going cheap?

There isn’t really a cheaper way out, the carbon tower is almost as expensive as the new chassis and you only get 1 tower not both as with the chassis parts. 

id only use the alloy towers on a dt03t because I know 1 upside down landing on a buggy and they will be bent. Mostly because you can’t get alloy towers for the dt03 that use a high quality material. They are all made of very soft alloy sadly. 

at least with the truck, the body gives some protection.

Juls

Given there's probably people in the opposite situation to you, i expect you could get most/all of your money back popping the chassis parts and the front suspension mount individually on ebay. 

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Given there's probably people in the opposite situation to you, i expect you could get most/all of your money back popping the chassis parts and the front suspension mount individually on ebay. 

And the day after you post off the spare chassis you had  you’ll snap your original.....:rolleyes:

worse than that, instead of buying the new chassis parts you order a carbon or alloy tower. Put it on, 2 minutes later break your chassis... 😂