Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Why no FALCON ? 😡

Been wanting a Falcon for a while now but really wish it was rereleased so it could be run pretty hard. Why do you guys think it hasn’t been rereleased ? The chassis is the same as the blitzer beetle, stadium blitzer and stadium thunder so it’s hardly rare. Should it ever be rereleased, what price would you be willing to pay? 

There are not many first-100 buggys left that were not re-released in one form or another. The falcon is one of remaining few. In my opnion, it'll happen in the next few years. Unlike some other models, there is no major technical flaw that prevents it from being re-released. The front end is a bit weak but with better plastics it should be ok.

• Like 2

I think it hasn't been re released because the flaws would be too much of a hassle to fix and really unwise to just re produce. I also think it would be a lukewarm reception as the ones that love it (myself included) have to love it enough for those that despise it.  It's very Marmite. Plus I think it is an unfortunate car to expect a modern user/child to want to drive. I think the Grasshoppers and Mad Bulls still very much hold up to being a fun driving experience for a 10 year old but I think a Falcon would have about 3 minutes of play before the uprights cease to be and the front bulkhead unceremoniously leaves this mortal coil. 

Also it would need a lot of moulds re tooled, yes the chassis tub has been around the block many times and been re released thrice but that's about the only thing the "Falcon Chassis" cars and the Falcon itself share.  Maybe I'm wrong but as there is less of a back catalogue to re release Big T seem to be going for less releases but of higher end cars. 

Now, I really, genuinely  like the Falcon and to contrast what I've said above I'll say some things I'd love to see on a potential rerelease:

-Strengthened front, uprights and bulkheads. Please pay Ampro Engineering whatever he asks for the rights to his printed part designs and then injection mould them in the most durable ABS grade you have. 
-Drive shafts, potentially metal dogbones, preferably a CVD,  even the traxxas/shumacher plastic cross shaft would be better.
-Ball diff as a hop up! Linking up to my previous point that would be an excellent addition. Thorpe managed it back in the day, what's stopping us now?
-Trailing arms that don't have a resting position that lets the driveshafts bind or fall out. Put a little restricting bump on the chassis if you have to. Please and thank you. 
- Quite literally any other bumper please. Hornet style is fine, anything's an improvement!
- Keep the Falcon branding, following the VQS the fly in the ointment would be a re released.... FLCN? 

I would expect them to stick it out at, say a £189.99 RRP which shops have on offer for £149.99 constantly - Frog levels of pricing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Been wanting a Falcon for a while now but really wish it was rereleased so it could be run pretty hard. Why do you guys think it hasn’t been rereleased ? The chassis is the same as the blitzer beetle, stadium blitzer and stadium thunder so it’s hardly rare. Should it ever be rereleased, what price would you be willing to pay? 

I have a NIB Falcon bodyset & a chassis built from 100% new vintage parts - just needs the body painting & decals done and some final assembly.

Project I started a while ago, too many things need to be finished - maybe a project for you ?

I'm in the UK.

Let me know if interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

I have a NIB Falcon bodyset & a chassis built from 100% new vintage parts - just needs the body painting & decals done and some final assembly.

Project I started a while ago, too many things need to be finished - maybe a project for you ?

I'm in the UK.

Let me know if interested.

DM me