I’ve recently gotten an eBay Deal on a metallic edition Pumpkin.  Every thing appears To be in good working order and other than installing bearings it should not need a complete tear down. 

So, ive never owned any CW-01  I’ve read about and watched all about the “essential moDa’”

1. I have a set of vintage kyosho platinum shocks but they are closer to 95mm eye to eye. Is this too long? I can shorten them to 85mm internally by putting some fuel tubing inside.

2. For body mounts , are the re-re posts any better or do they shear off of you look at them ? What is the  Best option ( Ampro, Aluminium? Some home remedy option ? ) 

3. To remedy the axle slap problem :

a) 5 th shock mod 

b) ampro transmission brace 

c ) fishing line mod 

d) some other option. ( to include beefing up the little stock springs ) 

Aluminium body mounts all the way! 

As for axle slap, I initially used a 5th shock but didn't like it as I don't think I used a firm enough shock. I now use the fishing line mod and I've got the tension just right and it works perfectly for a fraction of the price. I heard on a video somewhere that the fishing line/5th shock mod are better than the chassis brace as they still allow for some movement at the front of the gearbox which helps when the rear shocks compress. I haven't actually used the chassis brace so can't comment on personal experience 

2 hours ago, Jonnythefox87 said:

Aluminium body mounts all the way! 

As for axle slap, I initially used a 5th shock but didn't like it as I don't think I used a firm enough shock. I now use the fishing line mod and I've got the tension just right and it works perfectly for a fraction of the price. I heard on a video somewhere that the fishing line/5th shock mod are better than the chassis brace as they still allow for some movement at the front of the gearbox which helps when the rear shocks compress. I haven't actually used the chassis brace so can't comment on personal experience 

Thanks for the advice.  I looked up the Hot Racing Aluminium ones but they don’t seem to be available anywhere l, but I did find some called Jazrider brand on eBay. I think I’ll be ordering those sooner than later. I did also consider trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and fab up a shock tower brace that can double as Velcro body mount , but that will be a more down the road thing. 

Re: shock length. Did I read correctly somewhere the Proper  length is 85mm  eyelet  to eyelet ?  I guess I’ll try my 95 mm shocks and shorten them internally if need I'm looking forward to the postman dropping this thing on my doorstep the next few days 

No problem 

shock length- I went for 75mm front and 85mm rear , eyelet to eyelet. Had to put some rubber on the shaft at the front to stop it bottoming out and rubbing on the body ( see picture)

I also did the front brace/body mount mod, albeit mine is the lunchbox body. It’s easy enough to do, I used aluminium knitting needle!

theres so many mods for these trucks, I’m dubious as to whether some actually make a noticeable difference but it’s fun trying!

020B2DB0-85AB-4D76-9074-F8907349870B.jpeg

F4542263-5950-4046-AF2A-13ECEB39C087.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, Jonnythefox87 said:

No problem 

shock length- I went for 75mm front and 85mm rear , eyelet to eyelet. Had to put some rubber on the shaft at the front to stop it bottoming out and rubbing on the body ( see picture)

I also did the front brace/body mount mod, albeit mine is the lunchbox body. It’s easy enough to do, I used aluminium knitting needle!

theres so many mods for these trucks, I’m dubious as to whether some actually make a noticeable difference but it’s fun trying!

020B2DB0-85AB-4D76-9074-F8907349870B.jpeg

F4542263-5950-4046-AF2A-13ECEB39C087.jpeg

Will 85mm front and rear work? 
I found a crazy good deal on some short traxxas GTR shocks which are advertised as 87mm overall( which should be 85mm eyelet  to eyelet) 

If I'm completely honest, I don't know. I looked at other threads on here and YouTube videos and the vast majority of people used 75mm on the front, it also helps with the camber

12 hours ago, Jonnythefox87 said:

If I'm completely honest, I don't know. I looked at other threads on here and YouTube videos and the vast majority of people used 75mm on the front, it also helps with the camber

I suppose either way I’ll need another  pack of U shock mounts. 

• Like 1