Nicadraus

Tamiya FF Club

1 hour ago, wtcc5 said:

I am pretty sure they are sold out for years now...

That was my concern, stores saying they have stock within a few days doesn't sit right for an old part...

So yeah, I know I'm late to the FF-03 party. I just assembled my JAS Motorsport Civic and Wow. It's light years ahead in terms of adjustability and features compared to my FF-01 New Beetle. The only mods I've added are bearings to the rocker arms and steering. I still have to paint and assemble the body.

I also need to bring out my FF-01 and make some changes there. I haven't driven it in so long.

• Like 4

Ok, here they are. The FF-03 is stock other than the bearings mentioned in the post above. The FF-01 is stock other than I added bearings, motor heat sink and some HPI wheels and tires. The FF01 did not come with bearings and it advertised that it included a 3-step speed control. Yes! :D

FF01andFF03.jpg

• Like 7

I love this thread. There are some great chassis on it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Ok, here they are. The FF-03 is stock other than the bearings mentioned in the post above. The FF-01 is stock other than I added bearings, motor heat sink and some HPI wheels and tires. The FF01 did not come with bearings and it advertised that it included a 3-step speed control. Yes! :D

FF01andFF03.jpg

Awesome! Good idea with the comparison!

Here are my Hop-Up variants:

cffc25a1-7509-49a0-bf1jay.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

Awesome! Good idea with the comparison!

Here are my Hop-Up variants:

cffc25a1-7509-49a0-bf1jay.jpeg

Nice, I love the carbon fiber. What is the part number for the gold shocks? I was digging around in my parts box and found a couple sets of the Tamiya silver turnbuckles. I'll probably add those to the FF-01.

4 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Nice, I love the carbon fiber. What is the part number for the gold shocks? I was digging around in my parts box and found a couple sets of the Tamiya silver turnbuckles. I'll probably add those to the FF-01.

These are the TA03F pro damper housings:

https://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?firma=Tamiya&best=9805545

On 1/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, wtcc5 said:

Well, those are certainly pretty. I will probably upgrade both cars with some alloy shocks at some point. I thought I had a set of the pink/red shocks that fit the FF01/TA02 series but I can't find them. :( 

So my buddy announced he will be buying a new rc car and I should get ready for some speed runs.

so I did, I took a look at my FF03, car has been shimmed and all... it seems I have a faulty ball bearing on the rear left, but how not I hit a wall with 70kmh sat least.

I installef harder spring in the front and added about 25gr weight in the center of the rear axle.

the weight center seems to be more towards the center of the car rather then heavy front.

atCpKyL.jpg
CbM84q9.jpg

these silver weights have only 3gr together, they were designed for some pan car and to stiffen the chassis. But for me they are more cosmetic, hiding zip ties and holding the smaller 3s lipo in place.

IKqLxKH.jpg

and the beast...

XghlDsg.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, RichieRich said:

FF01andFF03.jpg

WELCOME!! I'm later than you, as my FF-03 hasn't even arrived yet. 😞 Next week maybe.  I've already sold the Body!!! 

Might have painted myself into a corner though. The couple of Bodies I want.... are pure Unobtainium!! 😞 

Acura Integra, Opel or Ford Mondeo. I'll have to expand a bit.

@Fabia130vRS That's some CRAZY Power!!! I thought I would be pushing mine with a 13T Brushed. You must have about 40,000 RPM on tap!!! 😳😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

.... Forgot a Question. Does one of you know the Driveshaft Length of the FF-03? 

I'm not doing an insane money Build, but I want at LEAST CVDs. Yeah Racing has a couple of options for HPI Cars - 35, 38, 40 and 45mm.  They're fairly cheap, and I'm hoping one of those might work. 😉

On 1/6/2021 at 11:23 PM, Carmine A said:

Ford Mondeo

If you don't mind it not being tamiya... https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/ford-mondeo

I recently bought an r32 skyline body from them for racing this year (can't bear to use a genuine tamiya one and get it all scratched up) and it's not bad quality.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 12:27 AM, Carmine A said:

.... Forgot a Question. Does one of you know the Driveshaft Length of the FF-03? 

I'm not doing an insane money Build, but I want at LEAST CVDs. Yeah Racing has a couple of options for HPI Cars - 35, 38, 40 and 45mm.  They're fairly cheap, and I'm hoping one of those might work. 😉

i have Tamiya 44mm CVD shafts on mine.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alexei said:

i have Tamiya 44mm CVD shafts on mine.

...... Makes me wonder if I could possibly shave 1mm off of the inside of Diff Cups (that goes into the Diff) and use the 45mm CVDs!??

15 hours ago, rich_f said:

If you don't mind it not being tamiya... https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/ford-mondeo

I recently bought an R32 skyline body from them for racing this year (can't bear to use a genuine tamiya one and get it all scratched up) and it's not bad quality.

Top Tip! Thanks!! I'm absolutely looking for Aftermarket Bodies. There is NO real On-Road Racing within 200 miles of me. 😭

But the Scale OCD Nut in me needs well beyond the BLOB or Bad Jelly Mold Bodies, that so many Racers seem to like. (And I KNOW it's so they can get the best Aerodynamics and shave every last milligram of weight off of their cars) 

Thankfully L&L ships to the U.S. !! 😁  The only other Aftermarket On-Road Bodies available here are from a Canadian company, with LONG lead times - and about the SAME Price!!

@Carmine A you can use Sakura 44mm CVD's on your FF-03. I'm using it in one of my 03s. Direct fit with no issues. Very cheap too. $11 for the set.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

@Carmine A you can use Sakura 44mm CVD's on your FF-03. I'm using it in one of my 03s. Direct fit with no issues. Very cheap too. $11 for the set.

AWESOME Thank you!! 😁👍👍

On 1/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, Carmine A said:

...... Makes me wonder if I could possibly shave 1mm off of the inside of Diff Cups (that goes into the Diff) and use the 45mm CVDs!??

If you build it with wide armmounts, then it should be possible to fit 45mm driveshafts.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

If you build it with wide armmounts, then it should be possible to fit 45mm driveshafts.

Once again, Thank YOU!!! The 45mm CVDs are easily available in the U.S., cheaper, and NO 3 weeks/MONTH Waiting time!!! 😁

...... Is that even with the wider Gear Diff??

I don’t know. With 44mm shafts and geardiff you need at least 1XA blocks.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

I don’t know. With 44mm shafts and geardiff you need at least 1XA blocks.

..... I'm so far running the 1XD Blocks it came with. I know NOTHING about Track widths, anti-squat, Caster, or any other specs with those Blocks....  

I need to Learn!!!

In that case go for 42mm dcj to prevent binding or buy wider blocks. Look for A size. They also come as plastic set so no need to buy the blue gold aluminum blocks.

• Thanks 1

THIS is where this Forum is invaluable!!! Thank you so much!! 👍👍

Now, to find DCJs in the U.S.