Nicadraus

Tamiya FF Club

Thanks so much! I'm probably going with the 3R, or the Yeah Racing counterpart. Not that I think it will make a dramatic difference... But I like the fact that the Steering Arms would be the same length as the Control Arms. That would practically eliminate bump steer. 😉 

I'm having a terrible time trying to find the part number for the wheels that come with the FF03 JAS Civic. I want another set for my FF01. I believe the tires are 50454. Anyone know the wheel part number?

That is not an official spare part as far as I know. Kit number is: 9334092

You can buy it preglued with type c tire: 84357

Tamiya also sells this rim design with colored rings:

84254 or 84248

and in other colors.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

That is not an official spare part as far as I know. Kit number is: 9334092

You can buy it preglued with type c tire: 84357

Tamiya also sells this rim design with colored rings:

84254 or 84248

and in other colors.

Thank you! It looks like I can only source these from Hong Kong. What are you guys using that is fairly easy to get?

4 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Thank you! It looks like I can only source these from Hong Kong. What are you guys using that is fairly easy to get?

Tamico.de has them I believe

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichieRich said:

I searched on modellbau-seidel.de (they have four sets left). Tamico seems to be sold out.

Let me know if you get them. I can order them and send them to you if you need them badly ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

I searched on modellbau-seidel.de (they have four sets left). Tamico seems to be sold out.

Let me know if you get them. I can order them and send them to you if you need them badly ;)

Let me poke around a little more and I'll let you know. I may have Tamiya wheels squirreled away. Just need to find the time to dig through my boxes. Funny how just buying a new set just seems easier. :D

• Like 2

Might be one of the few reasons why I'm glad I'm not doing full-on Restorations.... I just get any old Wheels that I like the looks of, and have the right offset. 

I hope you're able to find yours! 😉

20 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Had the pro version but sold it awhile ago decided to order a ff03 maybe next month. what size shocks would i need for street / parking lot use 50 or 55mm ?

For just street use... I'd definitely go 55mm. That little bit extra cushion makes a difference! I'd also run HEAVY Oil. I run 900 in mine. There's SO little movement, that thinner Oils don't do much.

• Thanks 1

Just a quick excerpt from my Thread.... spacer.png With nearly EVERYTHING out of stock, I had to do quite a bit of research... But the HPI RS4 CVDs fit Perfectly!!! spacer.png

I don't know if the 45mm ones would fit with the standard Ball Diff.... I didn't try it, but with the Gear Diff, the 42mm fits like it was MADE to!! 😁 

And the Yeah Racing CVDs are all Steel, and very strong! I've used a set on my M05, running 3S through a 13T Motor, with zero issues! PLUS, these were only $17.00 for FOUR of them!! 

...... I'm sure I'll find some use for the 45mm CVDs. 😜

• Like 1

I used my ff04evo in usgt for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I've always used my m03 and m07 but this was so much better. I am currently using the trf420 chubs on the original arms. I just reamed out the outer hole to 3mm and filled the inside of the arm a bit. 

Great to see these fronties. 

20201125_105142.jpg

20201125_105113.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@V8 Rumble WHAT an impressive bit of Kit!!! 👊👏👏👏👏👏👏 

I've obviously still got a lot to learn about Fronties (BEYOND M Chassis Cars). I'm only just building my first FF Chassis Car, and trying to learn FAST. 

I was told once that the FF-04 was an extension of the FF-03 Family......  There's NO FAMILY RESEMBLANCE whatsoever!! Yours completely looks the business!

15 hours ago, Carmine A said:

@V8 Rumble WHAT an impressive bit of Kit!!! 👊👏👏👏👏👏👏 

I've obviously still got a lot to learn about Fronties (BEYOND M Chassis Cars). I'm only just building my first FF Chassis Car, and trying to learn FAST. 

I was told once that the FF-04 was an extension of the FF-03 Family......  There's NO FAMILY RESEMBLANCE whatsoever!! Yours completely looks the business!

Thank you. It drives awesome. It had alot more grip than I thought. It really it's an amazing kit. I picked it up when tamiya was having a sale and it worked out perfect since I've had it in the wishlist for to long lol. 

20200223_181727.jpg

• Like 1

Does the 51421 castrol civic body fit the ff01? Is it the same body that came with 58127?

On 1/28/2021 at 4:55 AM, Carmine A said:

This is not true and as seen on the design, the FF-04 is not an extension of the FF-03 but rather an FF version of the XV-01 with touring car suspension arms found on the TA, TB and TRF series.

• Like 1

This turned up today go easy on me it’s my first FF 😅 gonna get some wheels for it and it’ll be used as a light runner. 

C9E7914B-E611-4606-BDA2-158C457A146F.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/4/2021 at 4:31 AM, RichieRich said:

Does the 51421 castrol civic body fit the ff01? Is it the same body that came with 58127?

It will! It is the same body that came with the Idemitsu, Jaccs and Castrol Civics when the FF-01 came out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seanster43 said:

This turned up today go easy on me it’s my first FF 😅 gonna get some wheels for it and it’ll be used as a light runner. 

C9E7914B-E611-4606-BDA2-158C457A146F.jpeg

Nice one!

The rear battery mounts seem to be installed in a wrong position. Keep us updated with your work on that chassis ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone *cough* @wtcc5 *cough* have an original Mondeo decal sheet they could scan and send to me? The L and L models body has the decals but not the big white one in the middle of the car, and the Tmaiya manual shows that as a decal and just painting the body in PS4. I could make something up to mask it but if I can get a copy of the original I can use that to make a mask...

5 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

Nice one!

The rear battery mounts seem to be installed in a wrong position. Keep us updated with your work on that chassis ;)

Thanks for the heads up like I say no experience with this chassis and no instruction with it but will get there a few spares came with it so here’s hoping. 

42 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

@Jonathon Gillham: Sorry, I don‘t have one. I did the masking myself.

I really don’t like the L&L decal sheets for the clone bodies...

DDP has a full decalsheet for a fair price.

https://ddp3drc.co.uk/collections/touring-cars/products/1-10th-tam-58143-ford-mondeo-decals

What did you base the masking iff? Just pictures?

Thanks for the link, will look into that too