Busdriver

Sand Scorcher colour

I asked this question hidden in another post. I always thought the SS box art colours were French blue and white? While doing some research for a little project I looked at the manual for the SS on the main TC site. I was surprised to see that the suggested colour scheme was Red & Yellow!!! Have been wrong all these years or are there several suggested themes

It's just an alternative - you do see quite a few of them in the red and yellow when you start looking for them - I think all the official photo's and obviously the box art showed it in blue and white, so that's the one most people associate with it.

As you mentioned French blue though, that isn't necessarily correct - it's only French blue for the re-release. The closest to the box art for the original is X-14 Sky Blue.

https://tamiyabase.com/articles/46-technical/187-sand-scorcher-blues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question for you both.. Is the white on the current Re-Re what other suppliers call racing white? a little off white that looks aged? I've seen a few models that look brilliant white and a few that are warmer. I didn't know what the recommended Tamiya colour comes out as. Could just be the lighting used as with white it can quite hard to tell unless they are next to each other, having a 'brilliant' white or titanium white base line to gauge its offishness.. (technical term)

Sweeeeeeeeeet . Is this the one you were going to send to me ?  ;)  .I've painted some Scorchers but in all of this time not a FB/ White one . I'll put that on my list of t.t.d  :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

I've always used Racing White (TS-7) which looks like this:

Thanks, looks great. It looks a bright white until you frame the panel next to the driver then it comes across much more warm. It was a toss up between the Ts-7 rattle can or a different brand ready mixed for spray gun called racing white. I think I’ll risk the ready mix.

• Like 1