Hey guys! So the Top Force was going to be an easy runner but after my bash session with her yesterday I decided to see what speeds I can get out of her. I managed 66 Mph or 105 Kph today. Not bad for a buggy released in 1991on stock tires...hahaha. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Check out the vid below. I shoehorned a 4s in her tonight and a 120 amp esc. I'm trying for 113 Kph or 71 Mph tomorrow.ย 

ย 

• Like 6

There is an 'official' tamiyaclub speed run thread in the main section on the site. Don't know whether you've seen it - not sure whether it's been updated for a little while. Dig it out and submit it! ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

Nice going!! ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

Here's the link to the ,Tamiya Speed runs, (part #2), with the rules.

Keep an eye on motor and esc temps doing multiple runs, cost me some elecs with, just one more run....๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

Have you downloaded the software for the GPS meter? You can alter the , refresh rate (mode accurate speed reading) and also a cool Google earth overlay, and you can click on andย you can see the speed at each point.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Keep an eye on motor and esc temps doing multiple runs, cost me some elecs with, just one more run....๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

Have you downloaded the software for the GPS meter? You can alter the , refresh rate (mode accurate speed reading) and also a cool Google earth overlay, and you can click on andย you can see the speed at each point.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

โฌ†๏ธโฌ†๏ธ aye that's the one ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Couldn't remember exactly what it was called and couldn't find it on the search...๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Silver-Can said:

โฌ†๏ธโฌ†๏ธ aye that's the one ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Couldn't remember exactly what it was called and couldn't find it on the search...๐Ÿ™‚

You need to have the car in shot, from zeroing the GPS, until the speed reading at the end, not suggesting you would, but ,to eliminate any foul play.

Here's a fake one I did with a bullhead, 7.2v nimh on silver cans, with 2 gps meters.

ย 

ย 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

You need to have the car in shot, from zeroing the GPS, until the speed reading at the end, not suggesting you would, but ,to eliminate any foul play.

Here's a fake one I did with a bullhead, 7.2v nimh on silver cans, with 2 gps meters.

ย 

ย 

Holy Geeze how did you do that? lol...Yeah I hear you...normally I show the gps zero'd and keep the car in sight.ย (check my other speed run vids) But when I do 105 in my Slash it's way down the street. You could have partner swap the GPS quick at the far end of the run before you turn around.ย I have a new camera a DJI Osmo Pocket and I couldn't get it to focus on the GPS. My new faster 71Mph vid is better. At any rate I'm legit...when you cheat you only cheat yourself...

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 4:53 PM, Wooders28 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Yeah I actually did update it awhile ago when I got it. It's at the fastest now...10,000hz? I have my TT02RR up to 97Mph.

• Like 1