Why me?

eBay / Chinese shock absorber sets

12 hours ago, benitom said:

My only gripe is that they stick. After the first run they worked as they should once you get running and did not leak. When you push down on the car/chassis there is a slite stick/stutter hope that makes sense. I'm hoping over time it will resolve itself. 

A little bit of Associated Green Slime goes a long way to freeing up a sticky shock shaft :)

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

A little bit of Associated Green Slime goes a long way to freeing up a sticky shock shaft :)

SO true!!! Use it on ALL Shock builds. If that's out of stock (frequent in these times!), TLR or Losi Racing sells the SAME formula, at a comparable Price. 

It even works great for lubricating Suspension Shafts, as it doesn't attract dirt as much as standard Oils!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, benitom said:

I recently purchased some for Kyosho Optima Mid - the quality "feels" good and seem well made. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Front-Rear-Shock-Absorbers-For-RC-Hobby-Car-1-10-Kyosho-Optima-4WD-New/113489962638?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=413690583834&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My only gripe is that they stick. After the first run they worked as they should once you get running and did not leak. When you push down on the car/chassis there is a slite stick/stutter hope that makes sense. I'm hoping over time it will resolve itself. 

I had a set of those in 60mm. Horrible shocks and very hard springs. Lots of leaking and no proper damping. I gave them away.

• Like 1