Sign in to follow this  
ploots

Gpm shock tower

Had this on my df02 about a month probably run 3 batteries through it in that time,I was just stripping it for a bit of a clean and regreese and this has happened 

20200812_134028.jpg

Never trust GPM. The aluminum they used is either malleable or brittle. Horrible experience with their aluminum steering set for CC-01. It didn't last after just a few runs.

No that’s pretty normal for gpm stuff. You gotta look carefully at the design of each gpm part you buy. Some parts are ok. 

that being said they have started to make better quality parts in recent years, but that’s not much help towards any cars of old that still have poorly made hopups. 

I bought a lower arm mount for DT03 and the arms mounted up diagonally...... high quality? No junk. Lol
the part looks fine until you put the hinge pins through. At first I thought the bushings must be a D so you mount them a certain way, but sadly no. It’s made like that from day one. The part will bolt on but make the car handle like poo sadly. 

C7B898D2-E870-4FD6-AB4D-EAF24A641F41.jpeg.bb500ccbc50473db21602d52d55c00c2.jpeg

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

No that’s pretty normal for gpm stuff. You gotta look carefully at the design of each gpm part you buy. Some parts are ok. 

that being said they have started to make better quality parts in recent years, but that’s not much help towards any cars of old that still have poorly made hopups. 

I bought a lower arm mount for DT03 and the arms mounted up diagonally...... high quality? No junk. Lol
the part looks fine until you put the hinge pins through. At first I thought the bushings must be a D so you mount them a certain way, but sadly no. It’s made like that from day one. The part will bolt on but make the car handle like poo sadly. 

C7B898D2-E870-4FD6-AB4D-EAF24A641F41.jpeg.bb500ccbc50473db21602d52d55c00c2.jpeg

Good for an oval track race car maybe :P

Sorry to see this bud is it the one I sold you I guess? Can't help but feel bad even though I didn't design it!

I'm still searching for a front brace that will work with the Aero Avante shell. Have just ordered myself some new plastic A-parts, maybe a bit of a project in so far as making a carbon brace which fits to the plastic? I'm all ears!

• Like 1

It is mate and I know it's not your fault it's just one of those things,still it looked good for a couple of weeks I've had to put the boring plastic one back on 🙁