Dr_GN

MCI Racing Sticker Errors

Just had my second batch sent, perfect never had an issue.. 

Very quick service, well packaged and good quality.. Have to say the decals tc did years ago were better but still happy with what mci did.. 

Bought some totally non-box art decals from MCI for my Ultima. 

We'll see how things work out. So far, requests for information have not been answered, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, Howards said:

If you want a challenge get the MCI Dirt Thrasher stickers - the blue is way off the Tamiya PS4 paint so you have to be creative...

not mine but you get the point 

EEE21821-95B8-40F4-84A4-AA238B51B215.jpeg

wonder whos that is......lol, put it in the display case last night and have to say first time I have been unhappy with MCI. On the whole ( I have at least 10 buggies with MCI decals

Boomerang

Bigwig to change from a re-re to vintage

Hotshot re-re to vintage

Superhot shot to change to SuperShot

Super Sabre

All 4 of the Thundershot family (thundershot, Thunder Dragon, Terra Scorcher &Fire Dragon)

Saint Dragon & Astute.

Vanquish and this Dirt Thrasher. 

Also some specific helmet decals he did for me.

On the whole he lets people like me who are not purists look at a tidier version of our old beat up buggies without trying to find vintage originals. Keep up the great work Nathaniel. 

An oddity I have come across is that both him and the TBG crew family seem to just disappear for weeks at a time.

Just placed an order for some 1988 avante decals and a technigold motor decal

Not had any issues 

placed 2 orders end of last year and both turned up quickly to the UK 

I guess if you are asking him Qs and wanting answers then it may take him some time to get back to you 

JJ

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

Just placed an order for some 1988 avante decals and a technigold motor decal

I recently used a set of MCI Avante decals and there are 3 decals missing: the two signatures on the helmet and a red arrow just to the rear of the cockpit.

37 minutes ago, beefmuffin said:

I recently used a set of MCI Avante decals and there are 3 decals missing: the two signatures on the helmet and a red arrow just to the rear of the cockpit.

I only need the space tech, Weber, jackman, k&n ones really 

i have a rere to build so assume those decals would be in there 

what arrows are you referring to?

JJ

5 hours ago, Problemchild said:

I only need the space tech, Weber, jackman, k&n ones really 

i have a rere to build so assume those decals would be in there 

what arrows are you referring to?

JJ

I had an MCI Avante sticker set already, and the Weber, Spacetech, K&N and jackman wheels are included.;)

5 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

I had an MCI Avante sticker set already, and the Weber, Spacetech, K&N and jackman wheels are included.;)

Yeah that’s why I ordered it :)

JJ

• Like 1

Second use of MCI decals and great success again. No issues whatsoever but you got to think by now they have to have the g hopper decals down and they doMIVsZl9.jpg 

I've had good luck with them. He is sometimes slow to respond to emails, but he has responded most of the time. I understand that he has a life and especially with the covid crap may be slower to respond. But that said, I have ordered 4 sets of decals three different times, three different orders and all of them came out perfectly. The last order took a little longer than I had hoped, but again that was after the covid thing started so fully understand the extra time. I am happy with them, and will order again when needed. 

Got post from MCI after looooong time. No wonder, Vienna is in Austria, not Azerbaijan. Thats no joke, that was printet on the envelope as my adress. :huh:

• Haha 1

Asked MCI for wing sticker, RPM and emblem filled on one custom sheet. Well... :blink:

I am speechless or am I lack of humor?

MCI_error.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Collin said:

Asked MCI for wing sticker, RPM and emblem filled on one custom sheet. Well... :blink:

I am speechless or am I lack of humor?

MCI_error.jpg

Oh dear! 

MCI once had good stickers, but not now. I used to be quite satisfied with mci stickers. Unfortunately, mci has changed all stickers since the beginning of 2021, only using cheaper and thick films that are additionally covered with thick laminate. These are impossible to glue around curves or spherical shapes. Much too thick and very stiff. Can not be used even with a hair dryer. the defect was admitted to my complaint with mci, but unfortunately mci did not respond to my complaint either. have stickers for several hundred dollars that I can throw away. mci ignores every email. Other Tamiyaclub members have described the same problems to me. I think it is very sad.
Unfortunately, the print quality has also become very poor, a cheeky thing.
What alternatives are there to MCI? Does anyone have a tip? I will no longer buy thick stickers from mci.

• Like 2

These decals aren’t perfect but they are pretty darn good IMO

S7lW2jK.jpg

I did notice they are missing the D in a circle on the rear bumper and there are a few lines thru the printing of the decals that I could do without but still nice. Don’t you think?

I’ve used MCI twice so far. Sure it’s not the cheapest to ship them to the UK, but with many being out of print from Tamiya, they are the only option and personally the quality for me is just fine. I’m so glad that he’s available and producing these for the community. As has been said he’s one guy. He’s doing a great job in my opinion.

• Like 1

I've used MCI for a while now and have had absolutely no problem with them at all! although I only use them for decal changes (colours etc) not the standard reprints the one small problem I did have once was I did an order with a few decal sheets including a "technigold" motor decal but it wasn't in my order when it arrived but to be honest the genuine one I had on the motor cleaned up really well anyway so I probably wouldn't have used it!

20210425_111839.jpg

yqLL058.jpg
respect to MCI. I commented to them about the lines on my previous order and asked for them to just check and make sure it didn’t happen on this order if it can be avoided and they sent me replacement of the entire sheet on the one that had lines. Mad respect to MCI. Thanks 

Myself, I really like their stickers. Never had a problem, although at times you'll find very little mistakes. The "Stolen" graphics for the 1980 Sand Rover lic. plate are wrong, and their "Gumout" are also a bit off. Now one thing that surprised me a lot a couple of weeks ago was this (see pic). Hadn't I have the original decal in place I wouldn't have noticed.

xhRNoen.jpeg

I truly believe this can be fixed in the future.

Although these small mistakes I know I would buy more decals from them when required and possible, because they work more than well.

18 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Myself, I really like their stickers. Never had a problem, although at times you'll find very little mistakes. The "Stolen" graphics for the 1980 Sand Rover lic. plate are wrong, and their "Gumout" are also a bit off. Now one thing that surprised me a lot a couple of weeks ago was this (see pic). Hadn't I have the original decal in place I wouldn't have noticed.

xhRNoen.jpeg

I truly believe this can be fixed in the future.

Although these small mistakes I know I would buy more decals from them when required and possible, because they work more than well.

What’s the issue?  The font?

2 hours ago, Exit13 said:

What’s the issue?  The font?

Yes. They're not the same.

And if you have the eye for detail, you'll see things like that on the Sand Rover lic plate or their Gumout decals. Now, don't think I'm against MCI in any way, they have provided us what TamiyaClub would not anymore. The TC decals were top notch. MCI ones aren't completely perfect, but they are great and the service is good.

• Like 1

Thought I would add my own experience

Order a set of MCI Stickers on 20th April, arrived today. I'm rebuilding a Boomerang and wanted a new body and stickers as the one it came with whilst serviceable is a bit tired. Stickers look OK to me the blue is a slightly lighter shade the the original ones on the body that the car came with, but that also maybe the colour has changed on the body I have over the years.

For the price I paid I am very happy, especially as the prices on ebay for orginal / re-re genuine Tamiya decals are ****htening, There is one set on there now with a price of £90 and there was no way I was paying that

Pic below 

IMG_2226.jpg

I've been observing this thread for a while deciding whether or not to pitch in.   My first order of MCI decals was perhaps two years ago - I ordered Fox and custom colour Falcon, both of which were superb.  About six months ago I ordered more Fox and Falcon (standard original colours) and initially I was happy with the Falcon but slightly disappointed with the Fox as the colours were slightly more garish.  My disappointment deepened when I used the Falcon set and they were unquestionably thicker and less sticky than my first order.  I messaged Nathaneal (I wasn't mad, I didn't ask for anything,  except for some assurance that my next order would be back to the quality of my first order), he eventually replied and reassured me, he said that he'd been adapting/fine tuning things and that he'd add a free copy of each decal set in my next order.  I duly ordered again, and this time the red on the Falcon decals was miles off the correct colour, more of a garish pinky orange, totally unusable. I also only got one extra set,  I sent an email (again, very friendly) and heard nothing back, this was about a month ago.

I don't like slagging people off, especially when they provide a service that seriously helps us vintage Tamiya people, but it's so frustrating, I now have a bunch of Fox and Falcon decal sets that I'll never use, just a total waste of money.

I guess it's luck of the draw, clearly most people have had good experience with MCI