fullspectrum

Tamiya Top Force 71 Mph or 113.6 Kph πŸ‘πŸ˜„

Hey guys so I shoehorned my 4s Lipo 100 Spektrum battery in the Top Force. I actually had to loosen the top deck to get it in...lol. I also put a Hobbywing Max10 SCT esc in and put some BSR foams on and the rest is history...hahaha. Top speed of 71 Mph or 113.6 Kph. I also nearly took my neighbor out as he ran out on the street to get his basketball...lol. This car is so stable at speed I love it!Β  Enjoy.

Β 

• Like 9

Thats quick!.

Β 

Why no rear wing? and what is the brown stuff of the shock tops??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Thats quick!.

Β 

Its Duck tape to protect neighbours legs when hit on the run.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Why no rear wing?

Too much drag perhaps and definitely not traction limited.. that thing’s rapid. Tape might be streamliningΒ the suspension mounts?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silver-Can said:

That is seriously quick!!

Thanks brother. I'm quite surprised how planted this thing is and straight.

7 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Thats quick!.

Β 

Thanks. Yes it duct tape just to protect the neighbors legs from lacerations...πŸ˜‚ but mostly if I flip it to save the top of the shock towers. I took the wing off to reduce drag and save it again from getting destroyed. I wish I could add gearing to this thing as I would make it my dedicated Tamiya Speed run car. It's goes straighter than my TT02RR that did 97Mph. If I had gearing options other than the high speed gears set(which I cant find anywhere) I'm sure I could get this over 100Mph...160Kph.

12 hours ago, fullspectrum said:

Thanks. Yes it duct tape just to protect the neighbors legs from lacerations...πŸ˜‚ but mostly if I flip it to save the top of the shock towers. I took the wing off to reduce drag and save it again from getting destroyed. I wish I could add gearing to this thing as I would make it my dedicated Tamiya Speed run car. It's goes straighter than my TT02RR that did 97Mph. If I had gearing options other than the high speed gears set(which I cant find anywhere) I'm sure I could get this over 100Mph...160Kph.

Nice work, it looks really stable. The high speed gearset is hard to track down, but what about bigger wheels? They look like touring car foams, go for some stadium truck tyres, they should give a much bigger rollout?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Nice work, it looks really stable. The high speed gearset is hard to track down, but what about bigger wheels? They look like touring car foams, go for some stadium truck tyres, they should give a much bigger rollout?

Yeah I'm going to see if I can dig up some bigger tires but I need foams because I noticed on stock tires it looked a little squirrely at 66Mph from ballooning. I could have tried stock tires...the ballooning probably gives me a few more MPH actually.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Glen fromΒ Tamiya legends has a few of those high speed gears.Β 

• Like 1