Sign in to follow this  
J@mes

Rere Blackfoot body

Sign of the (lockdown) times. It’s a clean paint job but that’s still twice what it’s worth and it’s not even finished yet!

Not the craziest body shell on eBay at the moment though, check this joker out:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193583318170

Take one £30 body shell, add one £25 light kit, 2 £6 tins of paint and you get a combined total of....£150 :lol: :lol:

I’m now taking orders to do the same but for just £140!!! 

• Haha 1

I know, right? Doesn’t add up... the other shell is a lot  but no ones bidding on that, someone’s really dropping the price of a whole kit on the shell alone. Wowzers!

I’ve found similar “deals” to this on US eBay and Amazon Ben in pre lockdown days. 
some people just want a pristine shell for a shelf queen and someone will pay what they are asking I guess. 
When it comes to vintage stuff( real 1:1 or  models ) I prefer the well worn but not wrecked level patina , but that is my preference. 
all that said . The above IS a beautiful shell , just not £156 GBP beautiful Imho.

it never adds up. Its plastic. come on Tamiya. service the people who buy your products. period. Ill pay Tamiya 25 for any lexan body i need. You made it????? Lets go. Aftermarket is what it is but you'd think Tamiya would want to get the revenue of a simple plastic mold. I saw a M-03 mini lexan body on ebay for $237 dollars. Are ou kidding me????????

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

I don’t understand why this is selling for hundreds of £££ am I missing something?!? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274453270168

Maybe Seller doesn’t know what he has???  I’ve seen Vintage bodies with intact mint Vintage front grills go for that much...

this has been in a box, no kidding for 18 years. Is it worth a small fortune? Not to mention the original kit that i have. Just sayin, its worth what antbody will pay for it.

IMG_20200813_184225.jpg

For a start , It's a RERE BODY . Not vintage , so it's going for stupid money . Some one is getting ripped off .

As it's NOT vintage . NO F.O.R.D on front of bonnet etc , wrong grill . You can see holes filled in body etc ...

It's not SRB Vintage body :lol:    , The new  owner will need lube for the reaming he's going to feel , for the 

price he's/ she's paying for a re re body :lol: 

It looks like a nice job.

Most of us are into the hobby for the enjoyment.

If we were to charge others for our time restoring, no one would pay what it is actually worth.

I'm not casting aspersions!  but if you look at the bidders there is one prominent bidder and it looks like the moment someone else bids they counterbid? I've had that a few times with one Ebay seller ( who will remain anonymous) he/she was definitely using another seller ID to bid against me! I would be outbid on everything that I was bidding on but an hour later I would get a second chance offer! I wouldn't be surprised if this is what is happening here? But then again why would anybody bid that high on a ok painted re-re body the mind boggles:blink::blink:???

• Thanks 1

@moffman – As soon as I see that sort of behaviour I won’t bid, unless I feel it’s still a reasonable price.

I cannot see any point in bidding until the very last moments anyway... I’m watching something at the moment that’s got re-listed several times after a bidding war, very suspicious 🧐 

51 minutes ago, •Axle said:

@moffman – As soon as I see that sort of behaviour I won’t bid, unless I feel it’s still a reasonable price.

I cannot see any point in bidding until the very last moments anyway... I’m watching something at the moment that’s got re-listed several times after a bidding war, very suspicious 🧐 

Your 100% right mate! But it makes me curious🤔? and thinking the seller thinks I don't know what they are up to😏

• Haha 1