•Axle

Describe the Nikko smell...

I find it’s the most nostalgic thing about a Nikko RC I find, it’s the kind of smell that instantly takes me back to being 5 years old. Also the sound of the arial, like a wind chime when you’re trying to get the lid of the box back on.

What is that smell?

• Like 1

it's funny how smells and tastes take effect through out our lives, sweet memories, i could write a novel on tastes and smells that bring back memories,

on that note, how sweet the sound:lol:

I actually don't think of smell with Nikkos as I do Tamiyas. The sound of those arials whipping about will forever be in my head however.

• Haha 1

I don't know about the smell but I can remember the squeak of the polystyrene as I unboxed the Hawg I got one Christmas.

I only had the Hawg for a couple of days as my parents thought it was faulty because, after charging for 14 hours, the battery would only last 5 minutes. So it got returned to Toys R Us.

On 10/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, Peter_B said:

I don't know about the smell but I can remember the squeak of the polystyrene as I unboxed the Hawg I got one Christmas.

I only had the Hawg for a couple of days as my parents thought it was faulty because, after charging for 14 hours, the battery would only last 5 minutes. So it got returned to Toys R Us.

Such a cruel twist of fate! Must have been one of the only kids in the UK to have one too!

6CSupVy.gif

I put a Nikko Big Bubba aerial on my Hornet for nostalgia... my dad made the "flag" out of yellow electrical tape 25 or so years ago when it was still attached to the truck :D

hornet_nikko_aerial_010721.jpg