stefank

question about selling vintage tamiya cars

dear.. so  as my hobby went out of hand a bit in the last months... my wife kindly have said.. not more than one of same car 🤣  and we all should know... Happy wife Happy Life🤣

so my question is there a good selling site other than here. like FB group(im a memeber of vintage tamiya rc already)

as im also after to swap some cars maybe for somerhing i dont have... 

i only concentraye on the first ~70kits

and hard bodies only

ebay is therefore not a option as also swap.

maybe its a stupid question. but always worth a try to see other  peoples experience

Iconic RC on Fb is used by quite a few - just search Groups

Decent bunch of old school hobbyists for the most part 

Ditto other regional Tamiya Fb fora - again just type Tamiya into a Group search

Gumtree is a low rent option that - for me - is usually more hassle than its worth ...

The virtual equivalent of 1:1 tyre kickers 

My preference for swaps has always been here tbh - lots over the years with no issue

And very happy to chat about that as also largely focus on the first 70 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

Iconic RC on Fb is used by quite a few - just search Groups

Decent bunch of old school hobbyists for the most part 

Ditto other regional Tamiya Fb fora - again just type Tamiya into a Group search

Gumtree is a low rent option that - for me - is usually more hassle than its worth ...

The virtual equivalent of 1:1 tyre kickers 

My preference for swaps has always been here tbh - lots over the years with no issue

And very happy to chat about that as also largely focus on the first 70 👍

Hello.. i will have a look on the groups.... and yes i will drop u a pm later this eve.as also happy to chat over the first 70 models.  just came from a old frie d an bought  2 cars again.....  (that i already had).... so im not making my life easy..... good that my wife is not home at the moment 🤣

kr Stefan

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FB group would be a great option. I have also used Ebay just to make contacts and to let others know what I have available. Start bid at your high sell point taking 10% in fees in consideration. That way, it will not sell cheap at auction, but add in the description that trading is an option, or offers and contact me with trade offers. Worse case, your auction ends with no bids so you don't loose your car, but you will get people contacting you outside of ebay that might want your car and have trade options. Then you can negotiate with them outside of Ebay, and avoid any fees. I sold a lot of my cars, and other hobby stuff (model railroading) that way over the years. It works. Ebay does not like that, because they loose out on their fees, but who cares.. ;) Food for thought.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1