Lee76

Parts Availability

I’m looking for a spare body set and stickers for the 2011 Avante, most of the shops are labelling them as ‘not available’ rather than not in stock or on order.. Does anyone know if this means they are out of production? Or hopefully just on a big delay.. Still waiting for the popular stores to answer the query.

Stock replacement from Tamiya Japan via UK importer is very slow at the moment. All the bits you need are on Ebay though.

1 hour ago, acprc said:

Stock replacement from Tamiya Japan via UK importer is very slow at the moment. All the bits you need are on Ebay though.

I’m more interested to know if they are still making them, I found one set of stickers on ebay £50 and one body, badly trimmed. So if they get back into a proper shop I’m happy to wait.. I found a FAQ on Tamico, not available means Tamico can’t buy them from their supplier. You can order items with no stock against them but not the former status... I’ll hang fire. I’m not desperate enough to indulge the kit strippers just yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee76 said:

I’m more interested to know if they are still making them, I found one set of stickers on ebay £50 and one body, badly trimmed. So if they get back into a proper shop I’m happy to wait.. I found a FAQ on Tamico, not available means Tamico can’t buy them from their supplier. You can order items with no stock against them but not the former status... I’ll hang fire. I’m not desperate enough to indulge the kit strippers just yet!

Sticker sheet on Yahoo Japan is going for approx 3000 yen or £22. Factor in postage and customs and it could be around £40. There is a body, wing and sticker set on there for 5800 Yen

• Like 2

Avante (2011 version) is due another re release ~November time so if you can wait there will likely be spare bodies and stickers at normal shop stock prices soon after

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DGunn1 said:

Avante (2011 version) is due another re release ~November time so if you can wait there will likely be spare bodies and stickers at normal shop stock prices soon after

Thanks, that puts my mind and wallet at ease!

I am looking for decals for the Terra Scorcher and found them on a UK eBay listing but with possible VAT plus no specified shipping it is prohibitive.  Grandson put some of the decals on before we removed the protective film.  :-(

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrBlz said:

Grandson put some of the decals on before we removed the protective film.

Classic. Not the end of the world though - if you still have them cut them off then use shoe goo to glue them on to the body.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

rcmart has the body set.

It’s still double the cost of Tamico with out adding postage.. But TBF Tamico hasn’t got them in stock.. Have you ordered from Rcmart before? I can be absolutely sure Tamico parts would arrive promptly and very well protected, I’d have to spend $60+ and get a sat on body set :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlz said:

I am looking for decals for the Terra Scorcher and found them on a UK eBay listing but with possible VAT plus no specified shipping it is prohibitive.  Grandson put some of the decals on before we removed the protective film.  :-(

They are the same price on Tamico, should get a decent shipping cost from them too? Where are you based? If you have no luck I’m UK based could buy them and post them off in a birthday card... If shipping and tax is prohibitive.

• Like 1

I think everyone is having issues with parts from various rc manufacturers! Its kyosho parts for me! I've had a shop with "in stock" then I've ordered only to find them two lovely words after wondering what state my order was at looking at my account "back order" which in reality means "you ain't getting them anytime soon but thanks for the money" to say my blood was boiling was an understatement:angry:

• Like 1