Sign in to follow this  
speedy_w_beans

SOLD: [USA] NIB TRF801X 1/8 Buggy Kit

For sale is my NIB TRF801X 1/8 scale buggy kit. This is the successor to Tamiya's TRF801Xt truggy kit and features several improvements in design and materials. Originally a nitro buggy kit, it is possible to convert these to electric with a third-party motor mount and a battery tray (see rc-monster.com). In terms of build experience and kit quality, please refer to my TRF801Xt build thread on the forum (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71892-speedys-trf801xt-build-thread/); everything is heavy-duty and ready for hard driving!

There is one minor point I discovered while inspecting this kit prior to sale; the kit manual is missing pages. This looks like a printing/duplication error from the factory. I've downloaded and printed the complete manual so all instructions are included.

The kit is presented as shown, price is $150 USD, shipping is extra, payment is accepted by PayPal.

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img37537_81620201

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img37537_81620201

• Like 3

I think shipping this to Aus will kill my chance at this :(

• Like 1

Per the USPS calculator, a 24" x 13" x 8" box weighing 10 lbs and insured for $150 will cost $102.60 to ship to Australia from the USA.  If you think of it in terms of total cost ($250) vs. other 1/8 scale buggy options, maybe it's not that bad...  :)

• Like 1

Nice buy, and speedy nice job keeping the price reasonable.  I hope whoever purchases this runs it. These are great cars that are still competitive today. Thankfully the goofy stuff in 1/10 hasn't translated over to 1/8 other than the ugly bodies. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:24 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Per the USPS calculator, a 24" x 13" x 8" box weighing 10 lbs and insured for $150 will cost $102.60 to ship to Australia from the USA.  If you think of it in terms of total cost ($250) vs. other 1/8 scale buggy options, maybe it's not that bad...  :)

Yep would've still be very good value

• Like 2