Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nugget

Ultimate Avante

Recommended Posts

Built this today from a cheap bare Egress chassis bought off eBay. Turns out it was mint and looked like it had never really been used.  Added a new set of Posi joints, undertray, rear wing, cpr unit, 02h with option rotor etc. Ultimate Avante like you could have built before the Egress was released. 

5132D386-A143-4AB6-8C6A-03D970EA063C.jpeg

0C1BBC8A-CEC0-4AD3-B602-A424EB19A4C9.jpeg

AD6BF5AC-F787-459F-88F0-EB4240572C42.jpeg

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, an original chassis appeared on eBay cheap so that formed the base. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:45 PM, Nugget said:

Yep, an original chassis appeared on eBay cheap so that formed the base. 

That's a lovely avante, but how cheap is cheap? :)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 6:37 AM, Nugget said:

Built this today from a cheap bare Egress chassis bought off eBay. Turns out it was mint and looked like it had never really been used.  Added a new set of Posi joints, undertray, rear wing, cpr unit, 02h with option rotor etc. Ultimate Avante like you could have built before the Egress was released. 

5132D386-A143-4AB6-8C6A-03D970EA063C.jpeg

have you tried putting “wing-stay” adapter in front of the rear shock tower rather than behind the rear shock tower?

just wondering if it will look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kyosho1 said:

have you tried putting “wing-stay” adapter in front of the rear shock tower rather than behind the rear shock tower?

just wondering if it will look better.

I like it like this. I’ve used an Astute wing mount so it’s different to the egress original 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Avante hop up is always an Egress with Avante body set. 

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit = From Set 53036 Hi-Cap Dampers ( Mini )

or use the Very rare set ( 53038 Avante Carbon Graphite Chassis Set ) + Other Hop-Ups

GL

cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tamiya Era said:

Avante hop up is always an Egress with Avante body set. 

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit ;)

 

cheers

The front damper mount was included with the mini hi cap set not the chassis kit 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tamiya Era said:

Avante hop up is always an Egress with Avante body set. 

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit ;)

 

cheers

I completely agree, although just one point I would make is the 3rd Diff out of a Avante 2001 makes a huge difference .

My Egress drives so much better with the 3rd diff fitted, I pinched it out of my Avante 2001 :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing, something about the 2001proportions always looked off to me. The 1988 body in my opinion looka better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. I don't care for the 2001's different wing nor the added on portion of the body by the front of the rear trailing arm mounting points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I agree. I don't care for the 2001's different wing nor the added on portion of the body by the front of the rear trailing arm mounting points.

Actually I like the original body only with the small under chassis and the iconic undercover. Original Avante body on the big lowerdeck is more of a prototype fit. But for the Vanquish body and the 2001 it has the perfect shape.:lol:

And also I like the specific wings for Avante, Vanqish and 2001. The std. race wing is so much Astute to me. But each to their own, that is the fun on TC.

Always like to hear different opinions...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...