Nugget

Ultimate Avante

Built this today from a cheap bare Egress chassis bought off eBay. Turns out it was mint and looked like it had never really been used.  Added a new set of Posi joints, undertray, rear wing, cpr unit, 02h with option rotor etc. Ultimate Avante like you could have built before the Egress was released. 

5132D386-A143-4AB6-8C6A-03D970EA063C.jpeg

0C1BBC8A-CEC0-4AD3-B602-A424EB19A4C9.jpeg

AD6BF5AC-F787-459F-88F0-EB4240572C42.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:45 PM, Nugget said:

Yep, an original chassis appeared on eBay cheap so that formed the base. 

That's a lovely avante, but how cheap is cheap? :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 6:37 AM, Nugget said:

Built this today from a cheap bare Egress chassis bought off eBay. Turns out it was mint and looked like it had never really been used.  Added a new set of Posi joints, undertray, rear wing, cpr unit, 02h with option rotor etc. Ultimate Avante like you could have built before the Egress was released. 

5132D386-A143-4AB6-8C6A-03D970EA063C.jpeg

have you tried putting “wing-stay” adapter in front of the rear shock tower rather than behind the rear shock tower?

just wondering if it will look better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kyosho1 said:

have you tried putting “wing-stay” adapter in front of the rear shock tower rather than behind the rear shock tower?

just wondering if it will look better.

I like it like this. I’ve used an Astute wing mount so it’s different to the egress original 

Avante hop up is always an Egress with Avante body set. 

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit = From Set 53036 Hi-Cap Dampers ( Mini )

or use the Very rare set ( 53038 Avante Carbon Graphite Chassis Set ) + Other Hop-Ups

GL

cheers

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tamiya Era said:

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit ;)

cheers

The front damper mount was included with the mini hi cap set not the chassis kit 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tamiya Era said:

As we all know that Vintage Egress kit comes with ultimate parts which are hop up parts for Avante and Vanquish. So if you have an Egress, then what you need is only to change the body sets and add the front damper stay from the rare Avante carbon chassis kit ;)

cheers

I completely agree, although just one point I would make is the 3rd Diff out of a Avante 2001 makes a huge difference .

My Egress drives so much better with the 3rd diff fitted, I pinched it out of my Avante 2001 :blink:

• Like 1

Amazing, something about the 2001proportions always looked off to me. The 1988 body in my opinion looka better.

• Like 1

I agree. I don't care for the 2001's different wing nor the added on portion of the body by the front of the rear trailing arm mounting points.

13 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I agree. I don't care for the 2001's different wing nor the added on portion of the body by the front of the rear trailing arm mounting points.

Actually I like the original body only with the small under chassis and the iconic undercover. Original Avante body on the big lowerdeck is more of a prototype fit. But for the Vanquish body and the 2001 it has the perfect shape.:lol:

And also I like the specific wings for Avante, Vanqish and 2001. The std. race wing is so much Astute to me. But each to their own, that is the fun on TC.

Always like to hear different opinions...;)

I had a go at building an Ultimate Spec Avante firstly using a Vajra as a basis, then another using an old Egress chassis and some vintage hop-ups

20210903_184447.jpg

20210822_173227.jpg

20210906_134712.jpg

20210906_133334.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice @FlyHustla.   I should’ve not opened this thread.. now I want one.   :lol:

I’m a bit slow (okay, very slow) but the Avante and Egress shared the same chassis?   I know next to nothing about this chassis, but I love dual deck CF chassis.  

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Very nice @FlyHustla.   I should’ve not opened this thread.. now I want one.   :lol:

I’m a bit slow (okay, very slow) but the Avante and Egress shared the same chassis?   I know next to nothing about this chassis, but I love dual deck CF chassis.  

The Original Avante had a carbon chassis upgrade kit available as a hop up which was essentially the Egress chassis before the Egress was released in 89, The Egress was an evolution of the Avante and still retained some of its components ;-)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Adding to what @FlyHustla already said, in original form the Avante had a FRP SWB double deck chassis (wide upper deck, narrow lower deck),  whereas the Egress had the CF LWB double deck chassis you see in this thread (narrow upper deck, wide lower deck)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Impressive dong sir, I thought you had 2 carbon chassis sets?

15 hours ago, Nugget said:

I’ll wave my Willy too 🤣

4E919B9B-DDAA-4511-AFD0-549B6E30510B.jpeg

10 hours ago, FlyHustla said:

Impressive dong sir, I thought you had 2 carbon chassis sets?

I did have two complete sets to build two ultimate avantes but I swapped one set for a nib vintage supershot. It seemed daft having two sets. I’m lucky to own one set and I’m happy with what I have. 

• Like 2