nicherotors

REWARD - Please help me with logging in

ok understood - are you able to change the email address tied to the account?  I could share an alternative email address here and then go and edit/ remove it straight after its worked. 

How can we get around the Hotmail issue; just bought a new computer (for other purposes) and tried the process again with no luck (promise, I'm only hitting the request button once)?  Consistently the first password request does not arrive but the second does!

Only saw the one reset email go out this time. In terms of hotmail I can only advise emailing support and asking them to white list us. 

Have added tamiyaclub.com to the Hotmail white list but sadly the first request for a password reset email never arrived!  Have tried at 20:40.

unfortunately the problem is not with your personal whitelist - its with Hotmails by the looks of it they are blocking it before it gets to you

I’m struggling to understand how Microsoft will interpret my request; “I’d like you to make sure I receive all emails from info@tamiyaclub.com - every other email is blocked but the others come through just fine.”

What are the defining characteristics of the emails that your server sends that don’t get through?

Also, I can’t be the only user of tamiyaclub who has registered with a hotmail account so am especially curious why I only receive every other email.

Can someone with admin rights change my hotmail address to another non-hotmail address?

Or, can someone with admin rights close my current account and allow me to open a new one?

I’m genuinely keen to pay to contribute to the community but am baffled how we got into this special situation and how someone with admin rights can’t make an override to fix a situation that has persisted for weeks.

I don't know what to tell you. Hot mail are blocking some of the emails we send out and are sending our servers the message that the user should request our email should be white listed. Technically I think they have blocked emails going through SendGrid who is the service we use. The message coming back from Hotmail is that if it is blocked in error the user should contact them. Whether they do anything i have no idea. At this point though, that is all I have to offer. I am not in a position to find another supplier at comparable rates and then refactor and test all the code I would need to use them. Just being honest.

If you want to want me to reset the email associated with your account I can do that if you DM me via the forums.

Chris

Success!  Going through the password reset process using a different email service to hotmail did the trick - many thanks for the perseverance.