Cephas

Wild Dagger dual servo build.

I bought a Wild Dagger locally for £40 a while back, decided to keep it dual motor and go dual servo too, as the steering seemed a bit off.

Also making some suspension upgrades too.

573B6552-53DE-4BD8-94AC-1AD80BB0EBC2.jpeg

D4C97284-2E6F-45FD-A666-668C707B6020.jpeg

• Like 3

Both front and rear assemblies are done, larger shock towers, piggy back shocks.

New hardened gears, full bearings and universal driveshafts all round.

Also some new wheels and tyres.

55E08438-D7EB-4F33-A47A-BFD1FCECC7C8.jpeg

758FF52A-42AB-4E11-A5FA-ED52CA5F5C47.jpeg

• Like 3

I have added an aluminium rail to the chassis so that I can place the esc and Lipo on top, it also enables me to attach the shock towers to it and give them some Additional support.

I made some covers for the old battery placement so I can place the receiver inside.

D4AD1B47-6B5F-48BF-B665-8432EF733736.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, looking good so far. Are you planning on doing a parts/specs list with this thread as well?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Make it 6x6. 

Crazy COOL!!! Like a Konghead on steroids! 😳😁👍👍

On 8/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, Cephas said:

I have added an aluminium rail to the chassis so that I can place the esc and Lipo on top, it also enables me to attach the shock towers to it and give them some Additional support.

I made some covers for the old battery placement so I can place the receiver inside.

D4AD1B47-6B5F-48BF-B665-8432EF733736.jpeg

That just looks like something I HAVE to try at some point!! This is one of those I SHOULD have gotten.... 

BTW, including these two - I've now seen FOUR Wild Daggers with a very similar Aluminum "Rail" on top of it. 😲👍👍 

Is this some sort of build technique I've never heard of? A KIT?  Are those Chassis prone to breakage??  Whatever.... It's COOL!!!😎💯😊

It's just so easy to join these gearboxes together as they have independent suspension and the motor all in one unit. 

Really versatile gearbox and a variety of suspension arm lengths as well.

• Like 2

All finished 😀 time for a quick test run

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, didn't know these were reinforced vs the regular creamy yellow ones. I have a set of these bought for spares, happy to find out!

How did your test run go? Also, what motors are those & what LiPo are you running. I see the motors are 15T, wonder how the 880 handles them on Lipo.

That servo setup is very neat. Correct me if I am wrong, thebattery holder came from some crawler - Axial hop-up part I think. I was also thinking of modifying stock chassis with that, but decided to go with a carbon chassis design altogether.

• Like 1

Lipo is 2s

motors are FTX VANTAGE/CARNAGE/OUTLAW 550 15T BRUSHED MOTOR 1PC FTX6558

Battery holder is off eBay from China about £5.

Esc has a fan and motors have heat sinks, all runs fine no over heating problems so far.

was trying to keep costs down, so I used the alloy rail, only cost £10, but I think the carbon chassis is much better and way lighter. Mainly I just wanted somewhere to put the Lipo and esc, as well as something to bolt the shock towers to.

• Thanks 1

Oh moters are zero timing, so can run one in reverse as needed. 😀

• Thanks 1

Awesome way to get COOL on the cheap!! I remember when I built my second Clod... I ran 18t tunable Motors. That enabled me to be able to adjust the Timing, 16° advanced on one, and 16° retarded on the other. Great Power! Made up for the CRAP Steering!! 😜

Hi Cephas

Reply to an old thread - what ESC were you running with the 12T 550 motors? I read on one of the threads about 2x15T HPI Firebolt motors being run off a Hobbywing 860 but I have just tried 2x CoreRC 15T motors with my 880 and it kept cutting out.

Based on the motor limits on the 880, I can see why it cut out, but others seem to have managed it!

I am trying to get a bit more speed out of it and the best idea I can come up with at the moment is 2x Tamiya Torque Tuned to keep inside the turn limit of my ESC (24T as two motors) but that isn’t going to set the world on fire!