I've seen a good deal on a King blackfoot and wondered what they're like, potential issues, upgrades etc. I must admit I'd not given this variant much thought but a rere blackfoot has always been on my hit list but this potential deal could cost only £100 for what looks like a decent kit in pretty good condition and seems too good to turn down

Thoughts anyone? 

IMO, the KBF is all the good things about the BF without all the bad...  

The only issue is that KBF (and SBF) parts are very hard to find and/or very expensive...

Terry

• Like 1

KBF is a great runner. Seems like in the UK back in ‘97 we bought loads and now they’re abundant at great prices in all conditions. Revel in the slop, marvel at the basic suspension, rag it through mud, grass, gravel, stay away from tarmac & concrete if you want to keep the body in 1 piece. 

49684742376_eebd7d07fa_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GAWD I miss mine!!! 😭😭😭 

£100 for one!!??  Unless that directly translates to $300 to $350.00 USD.... We're getting GOUGED! 😖😡

I love my Bushy D...  it’s a hybrid with an almost standard BF front end, but the rear is OG. That OG tranny is solid, though I wish it were possible to change the pinion size.  I’d love to put a 16t pinion in it and make a SuperFrog...

Terry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

now they’re abundant at great prices in all conditions.

I might have to have you buy one for me, just for the front end.  KBFs are rare here in the States...

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought one off eBay a few weeks back here in the US. But one of the front knuckles is broken, haven't seen any available yet.

I didn't realize until after bidding the KBF tread is wider than the original BF/MB. :(

The SBF/KBF knuckles are trouble. Replace with standard BF parts, imo. 

• Like 1

Thank you!! I've been waiting for an opportunity to moan again this week about how I let mine go on an auction a few weeks ago for £118 :P

Parts are hard to find, don't ever expect to see a set of replacement chrome parts come up, but aside from that - the best of the bunch.

IMG_1511