DrGoatboy

Comical avante or WW2?

Wild Willy 2 or comical avante?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So toying with getting something fun. Drawn to Wild Willy 2 or a comical avante . Will be just a bit of fun driving at the local park, the occasional beach, and the back garden. Have a mild brushless setup to go in. Consideringbi already have a lunchbox, manat ray and bearhawk in my stable which would you go for? Leaning towards a avante for the 4wd and to make it a bit different to the lunchbox but always fancied a ww2. Which do you think?

Two of my favourites. I would say the brushless would probably suit (or be more usable) in the GF01 rather than the WR02. Brushless in the WR02 makes it wheelie 'on demand' more, if that's what you're looking for. But I think i would probably choose the Willy if I could only pick one. I just love the body. How about a Willy body on a GF01?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep WW2 every time would be my choice.

Silver can or a Torque tuned motor would be all you need imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I have a WW2 but had been recently drawn to the Comical Avante.

I love the WW2, it just brings out the grins whenever it comes out to play. It came to me well ‘used’ and have seen a fair few bashes at the hands of my son over the last three years (he’s now six). Had it been the Comical Avante I would have been less inclined to share it / more worried about what happened to it.

It has also been modded with different wheels and tyres for a different look / behaviour, then put back to stock for more fun. I also have plans for an alternate body (one day). So many options...

So I back the WW2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The GF-01 is a great choice, but the Comical Avante version uses different arms and dogbones to the standard one. The front dogbones in particular are very difficult to replace - I have been waiting for almost three months for a set on backorder. 

• Sad 2

The WR02 chassis is crazy fun. But a 2wd jeep will never make sense. Deep in your heart you will know it is wrong, and it will gnaw at you. Then your mind will try to process a 4wd beetle ... and ::POP::  :blink:

Personally I think the best option is to grab the cheapest GF01 variant you can find, then throw a willy body up top. From examples on the forums it's just a matter of modifying the area under the seats & willy's legs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I defied the logic and the vote and ordered a comical avante anyway!

The lure of 4wd was too strong!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The WW is a classic, but I would personally have picked the Avante for the following reasons:

1. It's an Avante. Yes that's mostly meant to be joke, but still.

2. 4WD will always make more sense for something that is meant to go offroad.

3. Most importantly: It will be easier to paint.

• Like 1

Well I got the comical avante built. Need to work on the shell and the cabling but it runs!

What a blast! It wheelies, it does stoppies, it bounces around, it jumps and is generally hilarious. It has a good turning circle (unlike my lunchbox), the tyres seem plenty grippy on grass and hard surfaces. 

Running a 13.5t sensored brush less set up it is reasonably quick too without being daft. 

Tempted to go for the wider rear hub upgrade and maybe get a more fun looking shell at some point but otherwise it's great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrGoatboy said:

What a blast! It wheelies, it does stoppies,

I have WW1 and WW2, so I was biased toward WW2. 

But "stoppies" is something that I haven't thought about.  Now you made me consider comical Avante purely on stoppies!  

• Haha 1