Gamester

What happened to showroom comments?

Hey folks,

So I noticed about a month or so back, that all the comments that I had from members on my vehicles in my showroom disappeared and there haven't been any new ones since and the old ones never came back either.

Does anyone know what happened?  Are comments broken for everyone now or something?

Thanks,
-Gamester

As far as I can see comments are working fine and I am unaware of any 'disappearing'. As a logged in subscriber you see ones that other people don't until you click the tick on them to make them appear. This means if you are logged in you see them and if you are not they look like they disappeared?

Yeah, I realize that the main site subscriber login is a separate entity from the forum and I am logged into it successfully as a subscriber and comments were working great for me about a month ago and I even got the emails telling me when people posted new comments and there were quite a few of them; and now there are no new emails anymore or comments showing in my showroom, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

Thanks

Please post some links to items you think should have comments shown against them.

Odd, I logged in with a different browser and they are showing there in that browser; very strange.

Thanks for the help though.

• Like 1

Do you run any sort of browser plug-ins, sometimes these can hide things thinking they are adverts? Try turning any off in the browser that is giving you problems.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:40 AM, netsmithUK said:

Do you run any sort of browser plug-ins, sometimes these can hide things thinking they are adverts? Try turning any off in the browser that is giving you problems.

Oddly enough, the browser that worked has an ad blocker and the one the one that doesn't had the issue.

However, after I switched browsers to the one that worked, the one that didn't started to show comments again.

No idea what caused this, but seems to be working fine again now.

Thanks folks

every time i want to give props to someone's nice ride and talented build it has me re-sign in and then it sends an email for verification, so i just gave up.

It should only ask you to very your email if you are not logged in when you leave the comment. If you are logged in then you can just leave comments

10 hours ago, ACCEL said:

every time i want to give props to someone's nice ride and talented build it has me re-sign in and then it sends an email for verification, so i just gave up.

I have been signed out like that before as well. Hmm, maybe something is up with the site then possibly.  I mean, I used to get comments fairly frequently and the last one I got was from about a month ago...

Give it a try in the Firefox browser and see if it works better and let us know.

I can see hundreds of comments left in August so not quite sure why you would be having issues. Basically the way it works is

a) if you are logged in (ie you see your name in the top right - then you can just leave comments

b) if you are not logged in (weather you are a member or not) you can leave a comment if you give your email but you will be sent a confirmation email yourself - to verify you are a real person - before that comment is passed onto the model owner.

Neither route should ask you to login or even sign up, although the second does offer signing up as an option.

Perhaps you could post some screenshots here of what you are seeing on stage at each step?

Cheers

Chris

@Gamester I've looked at your showroom and your models have comments against them, you've just not cleared any of them for showing on the site. (clicking the green tick) This means when you look at you models in any browser that is not logged in you don't see them and if you look and you are logged in you do see them.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, Mad Zero said:

Think yourself lucky, I've lost photos

Hi, this would be one for @netsmithUK . When you say lost do you mean cant see them or deleted?

This needs a little context please. This is an old conversation about comments that I think was resolved? Not aware of any lost photos problems for years, which were as a result of major issues with the server and having to restore what I could from backups.

Chris

7 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

This needs a little context please. This is an old conversation about comments that I think was resolved? Not aware of any lost photos problems for years, which were as a result of major issues with the server and having to restore what I could from backups.

Chris

Oh hello Chris. Well the context is all in the tickets I raised but basically two of my main photos in my showroom aren’t displaying. Well not on either of my phones or my MacBook anyway. 

Talking of photos there used to be a recovery function, has that gone now? I lost all my rc photos so wouldn’t mind retrieving some if it’s possible. 

I really meant context in relation to this old 'comments' thread. I've regenerated one of you thumbnails and it looks to be showing now - the other is not showing because there is no image for it to base it off. It looks like you deleted the first image on the model or didn't upload one into slot one, which is what the thumbnail is based on. Just upload an image to this slot and it will be used.

The old photos recovery page is still there https://www.tamiyaclub.com/recoverpictures.asp

4 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

I really meant context in relation to this old 'comments' thread. I've regenerated one of you thumbnails and it looks to be showing now - the other is not showing because there is no image for it to base it off. It looks like you deleted the first image on the model or didn't upload one into slot one, which is what the thumbnail is based on. Just upload an image to this slot and it will be used.

The old photos recovery page is still there https://www.tamiyaclub.com/recoverpictures.asp

Oh I just noticed the comment and added my bit because losing photos > losing comments is all, sorry. 

I’ve not done anything with the missing photo merely logged on (after a considerable absence) and noticed it missing. It definitely was there because, and you probably haven’t realised this, I’m a pedantic swine who notices such things  :) I don’t actually have this photo anymore but I’ll try recovering it later. 

Thanks for the recovery link, I’ll have a play after work.  

On 9/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, netsmithUK said:

Just had another look at my TRINITY RYAN CAVALIERI WORLDS 13X2 SHOCK showroom entry: I see the presence of two 'like' hearts as evidence that a pic was uploaded in slot 1, and presumably that it hasn't been user deleted, also note that there's a member comment mentioning the motor's timing marks which is not visible in the remaining pic. Finally, if you inspect the script the link for pic 1 it's address is still there. Hope that helps. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 16.23.42.png