Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Sand scorcher, buggy champ, fighter champ, leaky shock fix

Just thought you guy's may like my video I did this seemed to work out great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a neat idea, and free is always good.

I don't like those red o-rings at all. I find them very grabby, for want of a better word, after the car has been standing for a bit.

I replaced all the red o-rings on my rere SRB's, including the rear Fighting Buggy shock with TRF (blue) o-rings. And while these aren't free, it hasn't been necessary to mount the shocks upside down, they just don't leak at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fuijo said:

That's a neat idea, and free is always good.

I don't like those red o-rings at all. I find them very grabby, for want of a better word, after the car has been standing for a bit.

I replaced all the red o-rings on my rere SRB's, including the rear Fighting Buggy shock with TRF (blue) o-rings. And while these aren't free, it hasn't been necessary to mount the shocks upside down, they just don't leak at all.

Yep I used TRF ones in my other sand scorcher have a video on that also, they worked great but hard to find.  this works great on the stock set up. I don't need to put them up side down just a habit! LOL!!

TRF clear o rings solve the issue. Change over to then and leaks are gone

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Have the same experince, the clear O rings make them tight. Reversing the mounting of the shocks doesn´t stop the leakage. It just prevents them from working correctly. Any aeration shock needs the body being above the piston rod. You can just move them with your hands. Piston rod upwards the gas collects under the rod guide, and you get the shock to have lags in rebound (here extending) stage. Turn it round in original position and you feel the difference. Doesn´t matter on a shelf queen, but if you intend to run it, better stay according to the manual. and never overfill them. But in the video filling was o.k., though.

I got to swap mine into the correct position...with my simple mod they don't leak anymore.

Yes I know I did my first scorcher many years ago showing it on youtube. But with my simple mod they are not leaking anymore so it worked out awesome!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:49 PM, Raman36 said:

Yes they do work I did a video on this many years ago on my YT channel, But this simple mod worked great also so I am happy with it.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 10:49 PM, Raman36 said:

Nice Tip 👍🏻 Does anyone know the Partnumber of the clear o rings? Always good to have a plan b 😃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seppl said:

Nice Tip 👍🏻 Does anyone know the Partnumber of the clear o rings? Always good to have a plan b 😃

• Thanks 1

Hey Steve!! I didn't know you were on here too. 👍👍  Good tips, all of them. Another great fix for most Tamiya Dampers are TRF or Team Associated X-Rings. Seal better than anything, only a couple of bucks more.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:44 AM, Carmine A said:

Hey Steve!! I didn't know you were on here too. 👍👍  Good tips, all of them. Another great fix for most Tamiya Dampers are TRF or Team Associated X-Rings. Seal better than anything, only a couple of bucks more.

:D He he, yea I am everywhere! LOL!! :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shenlonco said:

:D He he, yea I am everywhere! LOL!! :P

Yeah.... I'm kinda the same!! 😂😄😜

On 8/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, Seppl said:

Tamiya 53574 TRF Damper Rod Guide set.  To my knowledge Tamiya never released the clear o rings by themselves.