tomjkear

TT-02B Stock Wheel Slop

This is a brand new build of a TT-02B and I was surprised at the amount of slop in the rear wheels. This is all stock with rcbearings bearings. Is this normal amount of movement or does something seem off? 

Cheers! ;)

• Confused 1

Looks like the hinge pin not the bearings, just double check its the correct part, if it is then that's the way Mr T wanted it. I agree looks like lots of slop though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hedge said:

Looks like the hinge pin not the bearings, just double check its the correct part, if it is then that's the way Mr T wanted it. I agree looks like lots of slop though.

I see what you're seeing. I'm certain its the right parts. The excess movement seems to be the part the dogbone goes into... Knuckles? I'm not totally up with the terminology. 

Edit: rear uprights :)

Looks normal. A lot of that play is from the upper arm step screws. If you were to replace the upper arms with adjustable tie rods with ball ends there would much less play. In real world driving/bashing it really doesn't matter too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. If its normal and it doesn't affect performance then that's cool with me.  :)

• Like 2

It's absolutely the Step Screw on the Upper Arms. I mentioned a fix on your YouTube Video. 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomjkear said:

Thanks guys. If its normal and it doesn't affect performance then that's cool with me.  :)

Indeed, absolutely normal. Mine does the same:

On 8/21/2020 at 10:56 PM, TurnipJF said:

Indeed, absolutely normal. Mine does the same:

legend, that settles my mind, thank you! :D