Bennett Ironman

Am I gonna overcook her 😟

Soz if this is a silly question..I tried to search the forum for specific 'Grasshopper' builds but doesn't seem to find anything.....just finished my DT03 and found the forum a massive help...apart from it causes my wallet untold damage with all your hop ups and bling advice πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No adapter needed for the 540. You'll need a 32 DP 18 tooth pinion...then watch it fly 😁

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, SupraChrgd82 said:

Abso-freaking-tively!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜

If you had to choose TWO items... The Battery Door Retainer - and the Double Wishbone Front Suspension Kit!! πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

One will save you GRIEF, the other will TRANSFORM that Iconic little Buggy!!  But why stop at TWO!?? 😁

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, Bennett Ironman said:

Oh no ......been watching some You Tube stuff...now I can't decide between a 'Hopper' or a Hornet πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

hornet is higher spec out the box, it is hoppys big brotherΒ  :)

So it's gonna be the 'Hopper' box art plus 540 Torque Tuned 18t pinion and ball bearing set...battery door mod and that ladies and gentlemen is gonna be it 😬😬.... already got my eye on the GPM blue components for my DT03 😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Excitement today I ordered the ball bearing hop up ....just need the 'Hopper' now πŸ™„

MINOR detail 😜

With the much anticipated 'Hopper' build on the horizon...I have been hooked on the tube watching ..... various vids of the legendary 'Hopper' with the 540 motor fitted....I have a spare Tamiya Torque tuned knocking about....I was gonna drop her the build from the off...but no quiet worried it could be a bit much for the 'old gal' should I bin that idea and go with a standard 540 can ?Β 

Edited by Bennett Ironman
  • Like 1

A Torque Tuned motor isn't much more powerful than a standard silver can. It shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

I've run a Torque Tuned in mine, it's great fun. Only took it out as I wanted to pep up my Blitzer a little. Got another one to fit although a standard 540 silver can is still fun

• Like 1

The AmPro Engineering (or equivalent) Front Double Wishbone Kit DOESN'T steal the charm from the Hopper....Β 

But it will drastically improve Steering ability (meaning, it will actually STEER with a 540!!) 😜  Β It will prevent that awful squat, when stopping or going in reverse.Β  It won't turn it into a TRF , but it will be more enjoyable! πŸ˜‰Β  Β Although... I did the same Kit for my Lunchbox. It DID transform THAT, because its high center of gravity and INACCURATE Front Suspension made it a real challenge to drive. Now it's a JOY, but can still do bonkers Lunchie stuff!!

If you were to only do one thing - this would be it.

• Like 1