RichieRich

Re-release Tamiya Bruiser and HG-P407

On my Bruiser, with the rear shock upgrade, these bars strike the bottom of the spring carrier, even after putting a spacer between the chassis in the anti tramp bar

@FoxShot Can you post a picture? I moved the rear shocks from the front of the rear axle to the back of the axle using the other set of mounting holes. 

20200924_211027.thumb.jpg.243e8bb662a216869704274868c46726.jpg

Like this :).

Looking at the picture, it may be possible to use those Screw mount holes on the cross member. Will look into it.

I replaced the track bar with some 130mm Hot Racing tubes. I had to drill new holes on the cross member. This is how mine looks:

trackbar.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

I replaced the track bar with some 130mm Hot Racing tubes.

That looks way nicer. I mean no offense by this, but I unfortunately can not see how the leaf spring suspension can compress without binding however.

43 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

That looks way nicer. I mean no offense by this, but I unfortunately can not see how the leaf spring suspension can compress without binding however.

None taken. It actually works quite nice. It's not that different from the stock setup. Also, I did this mod to my HG P 407 not my re-re Bruiser.

The concept looks similar to a ladder bar used on street machines in my youth. They stopped axle tramp and aided hook-up in drag race scenarios but did it through binding the suspension (in leaf spring applications without housing floaters). The leaf spring causes the axle to swing in an arch as the suspension compresses, rearward in this case as the shackle is at the back. The bar, fixed at both ends and a different length, uses a different pivot point causing the suspension compression to swing in two competing archs resulting in binding. It was this scenario that led my to surmise why Tamiya left the axle end of the stock bar kind of loose and sloppy in its axle end fitment. Then again, full-size does not always translate to RC and I over-think things so I could quite wrong.

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

The concept looks similar to a ladder bar used on street machines in my youth. They stopped axle tramp and aided hook-up in drag race scenarios but did it through binding the suspension (in leaf spring applications without housing floaters). The leaf spring causes the axle to swing in an arch as the suspension compresses, rearward in this case as the shackle is at the back. The bar, fixed at both ends and a different length, uses a different pivot point causing the suspension compression to swing in two competing archs resulting in binding. It was this scenario that led my to surmise why Tamiya left the axle end of the stock bar kind of loose and sloppy in its axle end fitment. Then again, full-size does not always translate to RC and I over-think things so I could quite wrong.

Yes, I've done the research too. Excellent points. That's why I switched out the HG u-bolts with Tamiya units to properly seat on the leaf springs. It removed some slop that the re-re Bruiser does not have. The HG truck, despite looking very similar to the re-re Bruiser needs lots of help to fix its deficiencies due the the use of cheaper parts.