Sign in to follow this  
kyosho1

Tamiya logo cloth Facemask

15 hours ago, kyosho1 said:

noticed this by chance.

trademark infringement?

its origin is from Philippines 
https://shopee.ph/TAMIYA-Care-for-Protection-i.121732666.6934156623

If there's a country that should be chased for infringement, then China is number one.

I don't condone piracy, infringement or copying original ideas and using them for money. But that face shield is probably made by someone who got laid off from work, lost a business or lost a family member and diverted to making masks like that for a living. There are more of that you'll see with different luxury brands like LV, Gucci, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolex, and the list goes on. Guess where they come from...

China!

Also, since face masks aren't really part of Tamiya's manufactured products for consumers, I don't think that they (Tamiya) would chase after that seller for infringement because he(seller) hadn't copied any part/model/RC from Tamiya and claimed that it's OEM. If it was a 3D printed part, sold by numbers (hundred/thousands) and marked as "Tamiya", then that would be a case to look after.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

If there's a country that should be chased for infringement, then China is number one.

I don't condone piracy, infringement or copying original ideas and using them for money. But that face shield is probably made by someone who got laid off from work, lost a business or lost a family member and diverted to making masks like that for a living. There are more of that you'll see with different luxury brands like LV, Gucci, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolex, and the list goes on. Guess where they come from...

China!

Also, since face masks aren't really part of Tamiya's manufactured products for consumers, I don't think that they (Tamiya) would chase after that seller for infringement because he(seller) hadn't copied any part/model/RC from Tamiya and claimed that it's OEM. If it was a 3D printed part, sold by numbers (hundred/thousands) and marked as "Tamiya", then that would be a case to look after.

Bro... saan nabibili yan??? 

But I do agree with you... just to be on the safer side, I guess taking out the word Tamiya will be safer for the seller... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

If they shipped to Australia I'd buy a couple.

A friend of mine was wearing a TRF-branded mask at a race meet two weeks ago, probably genuine. I tried to find one but couldn't, wanted a Losi or Hudy one but they were out of stock, so got an Arrowmax one instead which feels very floppy and cheap compared to the cotton one my wife made me, despite having the same carbon filters. No doubt the TRF, Losi, Hudy, Arrowmax and any other RC branded facemask are not made by the brand but by another company under licence