Tamiya Fan 1

Mfc-03 J-17 connection

Does any one know on the MFC-03, the J-17 connection has a star next to it on the sticker labels and has Japanese written next to it? It also is in parenthesis in manual (J-17), what does it mean??

Some one said it is that way because the kit does not come with the led. (or enough) I tried to hook up Blue/White wired led to it and would not come on. Then I transferred it to J-15 and it works. I do need all plug in's so I can't leave it that way. Does the Japanese say don't use this plug?

I should know this but don't so asking. Any one have an answer??

I'm pretty sure it's because J17 can use either 3 or 5mm diameter LEDs, depending on the truck - Are there 3 and 5mm LEDs with black/white wires?

https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/downloads/300056523/300056523_MFC-03_Euro-Style.pdf

R470 Highline = 5mm
Actros 1851 Giga = 3mm
Man TGX 18.540 = 5mm
Volvo FH12 and Knight Hauler = J17 not used at all
King Hauler, Aeromax and Globe Liner = J15, 16, 17 and 18 not used

All LEDs will work in all sockets, provided you turn the socket on correctly from the transmitter or switch panel and you have them plugged in the right way round.

Thanks TWINSET. I'm used to the Mfc-01. When I used Mfc-03 in the past you don't use J-17 like you said. I have plugged in the three different colored ones that would go into that slot and still won't turn on? The rest work like they should? I read through the manual heavy last night (really redundant) Nothing special to turn it on different from other lights. The manual even says you can hook any light their per manual specifications. (Double led only of course) Wire color and size like you said don't matter. Maybe I have a bad Mfc, never have had a problem in the past? 

I've used multiple sets of leds into it, different colors, sizes, and nothing. Funny thing is, when all lights on, it has power. I think around 8 volts, plenty to run 2 -  3 v. leds.I think the mfc adjust power to the load plugged in till it hits max. power of that outlet. 

There is something with J-17, It has a star by it on the stickers, in parenthesis by the plug in schematic (just like J-28 trailer plug), it's just not written in English unless I missed something.

So I am stumped at the moment. Will keep checking it out. 

Thanks for your response and if any one has an answer let me know.

J17 is the plug to flash the high beams.

You need to plug in an appropriate set of leds, do the multi function set up, and then when you move the 3rd channel lever half way up (not fully up like activating the horn) the high beams will come on, it's used to flash them, they don't stay on unless you hold the stick there. MFC-01 doesn't have this function.

Have no idea about stars or how to read Japanese sorry.

• Like 2

All right that explains it. Is that written in the manual? I appreciate the answer. My notes on the Mfc-03 say" DON'T USE" J-17 , that is why I guess.

I will have to figure something else out with that set of leds then.

Thanks berman, mystery solved!

3 hours ago, berman said:

MFC-01 doesn't have this function

Oh! Thank God!

Tamiya Fan 1 (TF1) i have been following your thread, and have restrained , but here it goes, my MFC for some reason does not like baseball bats:lol:

i wouldn't use another one of these if they were free.

but hey it's definitely a challenge.

i'm finally ready to accomplish a mission impossible with mine,  i wish i could of chimed in with some help, but i can't even use chop sticks.

do you have pics of your rig here?

well don't ever push the hidden red button on this unit:o

Hey ACCEL

Well I learned something today and maybe help someone else out some day.

I like the Mfc-01 better than Mfc -03. 03 has some nice features, but... I think this is my 4th one (Mfc-03), which is in the Volvo FH-16 Tow Truck. still being finished. (really close) Fun build but I have had a huge headache with this one! I don't know why. Has a lot of add-ons, extra running lights, light bar, flash unit(three flash unit I built) , spot lights +, and no empty light buckets. It's a very do-able kit,(potential) But... The thing is a heavy monster! 

Sorry no posts of it, maybe when done I'll see if I can figure pics. out.

Have a good one!:unsure: