TurnipJF

Things to consider when buying a 2016 Blackfoot?

So, I have been looking at my fleet and wondering what the next addition should be. I have a strong suspicion that my birthday will be bringing me the M-08 that I need to bring my M-chassis fleet up to date, so now I find myself considering where to go next. I have a nice selection of 2WD and 4WD buggies, a good range of touring cars and soon to be a goodly fleet of minis, but my truck fleet so far only consists of a WT-01, WR-01 and DT-03T. I think another truck would be a good next project. My shortlist contains the CR-01, Super Clodbuster and Blackfoot re-re, with the Blackfoot being the most affordable.

In addition to the obvious bearings, steel pinion, AmPro swing arm shock braces and MIP diff upgrade, are there any other really worthwhile upgrades that I should be considering at the outset?

Get a center steering plate and the zero bump steer front knuckles. Both can be found on Shapeways.

Terry 

• Like 1

Our MB just has bearings, the MIP diff and I had to upgrade the servo horn to a GPM alloy one (works with the kit servo saver) because we broke 2 plastic ones.  It runs great in our backyard on the kit silvercan and 2s lipo.  The handling is far better than the Lunchbox.  It is fast enough that the body is looking battered (but then it was a 4yo's xmas present a few years ago and gets run a lot).

I think your list is ideal, I wouldn't upgrade it much beyond that as if you want a better performer just buy a newer kit to start with.  Keep the Blackfoot as it was meant to be.

One last upgrade though, a Monster Beetle body and gold wheels, that is probably the biggest improvement that you can make to a Blackfoot.  Actually, for grass running, the spiky MB tyres are probably worthwhile.

• Like 1

The compound of MB tires are softer than the BF chevron's as well. Shore 55 vs Shore 62 if I recall corretly from when I tested them.

• Like 2