Sign in to follow this  
legacygt777

KYOSHO Ultima Full Option with Joel Johnson

On 1/14/2022 at 1:02 PM, rwordenjr said:

Thank you. Have you used the tomahawk body on yours ? How hard is it to make it fit the the ultima ? 

I have used the Tommy body. The back of the body lines up well, body mount lines up like stock, but the front has to be fitted before painting to get it right. I kinda wish Kyosho would just re-release the actual Turbo Ultima body with the decals.

1 hour ago, Hobbimaster said:

I have used the Tommy body. The back of the body lines up well, body mount lines up like stock, but the front has to be fitted before painting to get it right. I kinda wish Kyosho would just re-release the actual Turbo Ultima body with the decals.

My plan is to just making my own Turbo Ultima with a Marwanrc Turbo Ultima body/decals and a plenty of hop ups that I would expect Kyosho to do

2 hours ago, Hobbimaster said:

Okay thank you. I’m gonna do different scheme than Joel Johnson car but using tomahawk body. Will see how it turns out !

On 1/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, Hobbimaster said:

Runner body done! I cut a bit too much off the front fenders but this one is gonna get run so whatever.

F004A3BF-CB02-4CF6-9A9F-C341D21F88B6.jpeg

• Like 8

A bit bummed about the fenders that I butchered so I’ve got another tomahawk body on way. I won’t make that mistake again.  So I’ll have this body, 1 that’s being custom painted and then the new one on way. 

I am a bit disappointed looking at pics/vid of Joel Johnson back in the day and seeing that he didn't have a mullet, tank top and bike shorts on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone else here have the ultima rere ? What’s your motor/esc and gearing ? I’ve got tekin 17.5 combo and am using 51t spur with 29t pinion. Will be going up several pinion t soon as that set up produces only 75 Fahrenheit of heat 

• Like 1

I just picked one of these up this past week. Really enjoyed the build. Couple of friends at the local track were running classic rc10's so I couldn't let that go unanswered. All I had on hand was a novafox and it just couldn't keep pace. 

PXL_20220209_151230490.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 76jimmy said:

I just picked one of these up this past week. Really enjoyed the build. Couple of friends at the local track were running classic rc10's so I couldn't let that go unanswered. All I had on hand was a novafox and it just couldn't keep pace. 

PXL_20220209_151230490.jpg

Very fun to drive ! What electronics are you running ? 

27t can motor for now. Tekin rs gen2 esc and DS3218 pro servo. Want to fit some 2.2 dish wheels to it for some carpet racing. Looks capable so I'm looking forward to running it. Wanted to get the optional gearing and get the lemans brushless system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 76jimmy said:

27t can motor for now. Tekin rs gen2 esc and DS3218 pro servo. Want to fit some 2.2 dish wheels to it for some carpet racing. Looks capable so I'm looking forward to running it. Wanted to get the optional gearing and get the lemans brushless system.

The lemans brushless is overpriced for what it is. Unless you just want to shelf it and have it look nice. I’d get a Hobbywing motor or a tekin motor to go with your tekin esc. I have the same esc in my ultima along with a 17.5 tekin motor. 

11128E69-278D-467D-8996-6BEBB7D77356.jpeg

The lemans motor is definitely more for show than go. I mean the whole car is for the show. I like the tekin gen 2 is programmable for different motors. I just threw in a 27t can motor to be simple. Local guys aren't sure what we are agreed on for motors so I like to have options without having to rewire the car. I replaced the heatsink/solder posts with 3.5mm bullet connectors so I can just swap cables to run brushless. 

The optional 51t spur gear OTW126 is probably going with the brushless motor. I also see they make wheels for 2.2 so my frustrations with fitting wheels might be easier if I can find them.

SCH005 and SCH006 are the 2.2 wheel numbers.