Sign in to follow this  
legacygt777

Tamiya Commercials

I know I used to watch the old Tamiya commercials back in my local hobby store back in the day.  Kyosho today does commercials with the re releases legendary line.  Does Tamiya make any commercials anymore?  I used like the old tamiya subaru brat and toyota rally car commercials.  

• Like 1

Yes. Many of them are under Tamiyainc on Youtube. They don't have the voice over guy anymore, just footage of the model running. I've seen them for the TXT-2, Bruiser, Bigwig, Monster Beetle TR , the Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ and more. Honestly, Mateo does better videos of Tamiya vehicles than Tamiya themselves do nowadays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

Yes. Many of them are under Tamiyainc on Youtube. They don't have the voice over guy anymore, just footage of the model running. I've seen them for the TXT-2, Bruiser, Bigwig, Monster Beetle TR , the Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ and more. Honestly, Mateo does better videos of Tamiya vehicles than Tamiya themselves do nowadays.

thanks!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Agree - I chanced upon a Tamiya commercial for the TXT-2 yesterday. What a load of rubbish, Tamiya should be doing a much better job!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Agreed!! Matteo, Mark Bryan and Tamiya Legends have much more information and quality! 

• Like 2

Got back in because of Matteo's videos.  Just started watching Mark Bryan, good stuff!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:52 AM, Pinoy808 said:

Got back in because of Matteo's videos.  Just started watching Mark Bryan, good stuff!

I’ve been “back “ into RC for about 5 years, Matteo and Mark Bryan Along with Ampro helped get me I back into Tamiya ( I never owned a Tamiya back in the 80s but I wanted one ) 

• Like 1

Yeah but those original tamiya rc videos are brilliant and the really bad voice over guy makes them so iconic! You could tell when he had to turn the page on his script he was reading from and the suspect music just brilliant!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah but those original tamiya rc videos are brilliant and the really bad voice over guy makes them so iconic! You could tell when he had to turn the page on his script he was reading from and the suspect music just brilliant!!

Around that same era there was another hobby my dad and I shared that had similarly cheesy promotional videos. Along with RC dad has built me a go kart using a 2 stroke Kawasaki snowmobile engine. We used to visit the local power sports dealers for parts and accessories for the build and the motorcycle and snowmobile videos of the same era had the same cheesy music and voiceovers as the RC ones 

I never saw the commercials back in the early 80s. I was serving in the USAF over in Germany at that time, and in Kaiserslautern Germany one weekend with the family walking the shopping area that was pretty famous place to hang out on weekends. I walked by a hobby store that was in that area, and in the window was displayed the new "Wild Willy". Being a huge Jeep lover to begin with, fell in love. It was love at first sight. I HAD to have that thing. I went in, and walked out not only with a brand new Wild Willy kit (still have that WW today), but also a Super Champ kit. Was an expensive weekend for a poor young Air Force Sgt.. ;) .. Not counting what the wife had bought that day, and what I spent in that hobby store, we were hoping we had enough gas to get back to our base a couple hour drive away.. lol. I did not see any of the commercials until years later when I was back in the states.