Sign in to follow this  
iluvmud

Another what’s it worth thread

Hey guys, it’s been a long while since I’ve been on, found this super champ I was working on but have since lost interest. I’m wanting to sell my super champ, it should be complete and I even have a NOS decal sheet so was thinking I’d sell it by itself and the car on its own. I can’t find a price on the decals and the car seems to range widely... any help would be appreciated.

DD7C1BA4-4AA2-4EE0-ADDB-D49052E0623A.jpeg

Stuff like this is really hard to value because it's dependant on so many things, and can vary dramatically from one month to the next.

I paid 700USD plus postage and import duty 3 years ago for an NIB Superchamp average example. Bear in mind the Fighting Buggy was much easier to get hold of around then, so I'd say this was a low value and it has probably increased slightly since then.

I paid either 100GBP or 100 Euros (can't remember which) for a vintage Superchamp body set; stickers, driver, netting all the screws etc. About 2 years ago, when Fighting Buggy bodies were plentiful and about 12 Euros for the body only.

So if you take those prices, multiply by the number of teeth you have, divided by the number of months we have to wait for a Covid vaccine, and then add to that the number of days it rains this week, you should arrive at an approximate value. :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but there we are.

• Like 1

I bought a superb SC last summer with repro stickers and a ball diff for £250 delivered which at the time I thought was punchy. 

I bought another SC in May this year with a broken rear bumper and missing rear body apron for £160 delivered- which I sold straight on for £235 delivered.  

Personally I would say up £250-£300 and I would split the stickers and push my luck with a BIN or make an offer option.

Depends on your need to maximise your return and how bothered you are.

As @Fuijo quite rightly says there are a lot of variables, people being the greatest one.

I believe prices of Tamiya have now started  to ease now in the UK and they will drop,  but right now they are still pretty strong. 

• Like 1