Moonraker1

Vintage Tamiya Jordan 191 Troubleshooting Help Please!

I recently obtained this Jordan 191 (58103) which has been in storage for about 20 years and unfortunately it won’t go so I would like some help diagnosing the problem. I should add that I am a novice at RC cars having obtained my other cars less than a year ago and they all work!

DSC_0280r.JPG.3e2ab0cbe4f662ee2fb2766deb688ac9.JPGDSC_0285r.JPG.f80aee121c192c156ef73a3c0dbf0e08.JPG

So using a known working Acoms Techniplus 2ch Transmitter and a pair working red 26.995MHZ xtals I tested the car by connecting and switching everything on in the correct order (I made that mistake with my first car!) and the following happened when the car ON/OFF switch was turned on last. The rear wheels rotated forward for a quick burst and then stopped and simultaneously the steering jerked. Moving the joysticks and adjusting the trim settings had no response at all.

The car is fitted with the following:

robbe Futaba FR-R112JE 2 channel receiver AM40

robbe Futaba FP-S14B Indirect drive servo

Graupner Speed-PROF1 30 BEC/ESC

From this I am assuming that the motor and the servo are OK and all the wiring seems to be intact? But that’s as far as I can go so any advice would be appreciated.

I did notice that the Graupner ESC has some settings that can be adjusted but I am unable to find a user manual online for this. Can anyone help with a copy of a manual?

Finally is the transmitter and xtals compatible with this set up or do I need a Graupner transmitter? Thanks in anticipation for any help.

The Futaba reciever you use, is a 40MHz and you use 27MHz xtals. Is the Acoms transmitter also 27MHz?

In this case you should test a 27MHz reciever.