Sign in to follow this  
FC5687

Kyosho Optima

I wonder whether the reissue Kyosho Optima with upgraded belt drive and ball diff still hold the candle today??

Any thoughts?? I am really curious ;)

I'm not an expert, nor successful racer, but my re-re Optima certainly keeps pace with my Top Force. I'm very impressed with nearly all aspects of that buggy.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, Saito2 said:

I'm not an expert, nor successful racer, but my re-re Optima certainly keeps pace with my Top Force. I'm very impressed with nearly all aspects of that buggy.

My friend who bought the optima rerelease couple years ago, and informed me that the hop up parts for this car such as ball dif, 7075 chassis, carbon parts, etc., altogether cost more than the Lazer ZX7.

I'm impressed!

On 9/16/2020 at 4:44 AM, FC5687 said:

My friend who bought the optima rerelease couple years ago, and informed me that the hop up parts for this car such as ball dif, 7075 chassis, carbon parts, etc., altogether cost more than the Lazer ZX7.

I'm impressed!

No comparison in style and appearance.  A box art Optima is one the best looking RC cars ever made IMO. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 426Purplefish said:

No comparison in style and appearance.  A box art Optima is one the best looking RC cars ever made IMO. 

I agree with you. The original optima is just as good or maybe better than the MIP RC10 4WD upgrade. I've seen couple times both ran on the track back in early 90s.

What I want to say the cost of optima's hop ups is almost par with the asking price of ZX7. If the fully hop up optima is as good as any contemporary belt drive 4wd such as Schumacher L1 evo, it might worth every penny 

Even my boomerang bettered the optima back in the days :D.

I like ZX7