wilysloth

Will a TBLE-02S fan fit in an Avante?

I would like to use the following kit in a Tamiya Avante (2011):

I have concerns whether the ESC will fit behind the driver's head with the fan attached and don't think that the ESC will run the motor without one.

I'm hoping someone has direct experience to help guide me or could do a measurement for me. I would prefer to run with as much Tamiya gear as possible.

The first option would be to see if you can get away without a fan (although I suspect not). Secondly, check that you can fit the motor in there without hacking away at the chassis upper plate - space is *very* tight. It'd work if you either got rid of, or carved away at the driver, but I appreciate that's far from ideal!

Absolutely will need the fan. It will thermal without it, much faster than it does with it in a 4wd car :)

Give yourself and your Avante an easy life and go for the 13.5 instead. Presuming you can get the motor in, as above. The TBLMs have the connectors arranged so that they add length to the overall package of the motor, and the space for that is in short supply in the Avante.