Price_of_cider

Help needed - confused 🤪

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and literally just getting back into RC now after 30 odd years! So I have a couple of projects on the way - one of which is a vintage midnight pumpkin that I bought for my lad. I’ve knocked the top off of her and it’s not what I was expecting at all.....

I was expecting the little connectors plugging into a radio receiver for the motor/gearing, battery and steering servo.

what I actually got was this: see pic - anyone know anything about these things?

Many thanks

matt 

74D62988-5763-40D8-A7A4-C228E416BE02.jpeg

What you have there is a 46004 QD Midnight Pumpkin - a smaller, more toy-like version of the hobby-grade one you were expecting. If it was not sold as a QD, you would be justified in returning it for a refund I'd say.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

What you have there is a 46004 QD Midnight Pumpkin - a smaller, more toy-like version of the hobby-grade one you were expecting. If it was not sold as a QD, you would be justified in returning it for a refund I'd say.

Oh......

So if I’m stuck with this now instead of what I was actually after, is it possible to put different engines, battery, esc inside? Or is this a dead rubber?

thanks again

people have been retrofitting brushless systems in to these, but its not straight forward, and involves cutting things about and drilling holes. my advice would be to sell it on and start again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

call it as riding and falling off a bike, learn from it, brush your knee caps off and get back in the saddle, now that said catman79 said it correctly.

Read, study and ask many questions we are many and here to help and have fun.

30 years?  get your think cap on.

Just what is the price of cider nowadays?:D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ACCEL said:

call it as riding and falling off a bike, learn from it, brush your knee caps off and get back in the saddle, now that said catman79 said it correctly.

Read, study and ask many questions we are many and here to help and have fun.

30 years?  get your think cap on.

Just what is the price of cider nowadays?:D

haha thanks for this - feel I’ve let the boy down somewhat so I’m hoping to sell on and start again. 
The price of cider is always too high for my liking!! 🤪

• Haha 1

A lot of QD's (Quick Drive) are advertised without being specifically noted as QD's. - bit disingenuous or lack of knowledge.

As mentioned they were a smaller more toy version and are collectors items in their own right, so if i were you I would advertise it for what it is and then get yourself a re re (re-release) Pumpkin

Beware as most of us know Tamiya vintage is a slippery slope and most of us are a lot further down it.......

See you near the bottom.

• Like 1