Bennett Ironman

Decent Servo Required for my DT03 😁

Tracking down the annoying 'play' in the steering on my DT03 ....found the servo to be at fault .....looking for a nice strong decent Servo to give me reliable performance at a reasonable cost....will swap this one out and use in my 'Hopper' build 👊

11 minutes ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Tracking down the annoying 'play' in the steering on my DT03 ....found the servo to be at fault .....looking for a nice strong decent Servo to give me reliable performance at a reasonable cost....will swap this one out and use in my 'Hopper' build 👊

I'm currently using Savox 1258tg and Core 9008 digital, £40-50 range, both strong and quick enough. Whichever servo you get, also get yourself a Kimbrough Racing servo saver, much better than kit standard ones.

13 minutes ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Thinking of this one maybe ?

SAV-SW0230MG-e321.jpg

You talking about the play when the cars off ? That’s the servo saver not servo 

12 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

You talking about the play when the cars off ? That’s the servo saver not servo 

Agree. Much more likely you need a better servo saver at this stage, rather than a new servo. 

Just now, Bennett Ironman said:

Agree yes will be getting a new upgraded servo saver any recommendations !!! I do have actual play in the metal gear aswell 😟 only a cheap servo 

Kimbrough Racing medium servo saver, just fitted one to my DT02, different league compared with the standard kit ones.

11 minutes ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Agree yes will be getting a new upgraded servo saver any recommendations !!! I do have actual play in the metal gear aswell 😟 only a cheap servo 

That's odd! Even with cheap plastic gear servos, I've never really seen any play in them. It's the servo saver that moves around and especially if the servo screw isn't tight tight. 

Servo Saver: Kimbrough medium

Servos: Savox 1258, JX PDI 4409, JX PDI 6208

The standard Tamiya servo savers are not great. Kimbrough are very good but sometimes not a ideal fit in the space provided.i have started to use the Tamiya upgrade ones.

5 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

The standard Tamiya servo savers are not great. Kimbrough are very good but sometimes not a ideal fit in the space provided.i have started to use the Tamiya upgrade ones.

But they can be cut down, had to take the snips and file to the one in my DT02, works perfectly. Don't think there's the same issue with the DT03 though.

I'm running a, fairly cheap, Core RC 9016MG. I've got them in a few, including a Bullhead, and although slower than the Savox 1258TG servos I run in race cars, they're not bad!! 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-9016mg-servo-9kg-16-sec/rc-car-products/388927 

I've one of the, Alturn High Speed Race Servos in a Novafox, but it's not as quick as the specs suggest, defo a little quicker than the 9016MG, but at £18, it's only a couple of quid short of a 2nd hand Savox 1258TG, so.....🤷‍♂️

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

Whichever you go for, an upgraded servo horn is a must, not sure if you can get a ,solid servo horn though?