Sign in to follow this  
Pata76

My Kyosho Maxxum

May i present to you all my new restored and somewhat modded Kyosho Maxxum FF. I hope you like it.

20200905-160528.jpg
20200905-160538.jpg
20200905-160548.jpg
20200905-160600.jpg

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Norco Kid said:

Wow is that  FWD buggy? Never knew such a thing existed,  I need body off pics! Looks super clean! 

Yeah its a FWD 😃

That looks so clean and fresh. Very nice!

My friend had this back in the early 90s. I believe this is also the first FWD RC.

• Like 1

Wow! I like how clean it is. I wanted one of those a long, long time ago. I've only seen it run in person once. Are you planning to run it?

3 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

Wow! I like how clean it is. I wanted one of those a long, long time ago. I've only seen it run in person once. Are you planning to run it?

Yeah it will be run and raced 😃👍

16 hours ago, Pata76 said:

May i present to you all my new restored and somewhat modded Kyosho Maxxum FF. I hope you like it.

Excellent! Ive had a Maxxum from eBay for 15+ years that I intend to restore. I've been able to source most parts I need, but not C-hubs and left steering arm. I believe the steering arms are unique for the Maxxum and very hard to find, so I will probably have to settle for the repros that are offered on shapeways. I have checked about the C-hubs too, and haven't found any indication that they were used on any other Kyosho model. However, being somewhat generic in design (unlike the steering arms), it would seem logical that the C-hubs were used in one or several other Kyosho models. As you've restored a Maxxum, do you have any idea?

• Thanks 1

I remember this buggy coming out back in the day. I was always intrigued by it. 
I raced an optima mid back then and always loved Kyosho’s build quality and innovation. 
Oh yeah, and Kyosho gold shocks are some of the smoothest, best RC dampers I have ever used.

I have sets that are 30 years old that feel better than new shocks of other brands. 

• Like 2

Lovely. I almost got one of these way back but got an Optima instead as there was no race class for FWD. Such a unique buggy. Nice to see some still around.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 10:30 AM, Nicadraus said:

That looks so clean and fresh. Very nice!

My friend had this back in the early 90s. I believe this is also the first FWD RC.

Nichimo made the Spirit FF a bit earlier.  https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=123134  Not mine, but owned one once.  That radiator looking thing on the front was a counter weight used to dampen suspension hop under hard acceleration.

• Like 1