Sign in to follow this  
A-Baum

Back paint stripes?

I’m doing a box set Frog restore.  I have the pink stripe masked off and have my first coat of pink paint applied.  Going to do two more probably.

do I need to back the stripe with silver/black before removing the masking tape and finishing with white?

Looking at the frog box art and images online I wouldn't have considered backing the pink in silver and black, assuming the black section at the back has already been painted. 

But as always do a test on some off-cuts to get the tone you want.

28 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I’m doing a box set Frog restore.  I have the pink stripe masked off and have my first coat of pink paint applied.  Going to do two more probably.

do I need to back the stripe with silver/black before removing the masking tape and finishing with white?

No. White can be your general backer. Since you did the pink first, finish the pink. Then mask everything except the area that you want black. Paint it black and then remove all the masks except for the windows and spray everything white. 

There’s no black paint on it as far as I can tell. Around the windows I think is sticker.

30 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

There’s no black paint on it as far as I can tell. Around the windows I think is sticker.

the roll bars and back section are black 

33 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Alright well it will be close to box art heh.

Lol the black rollbars actually look to be on the sticker sheet if You have it. That little part where the wing is attached is black though