steponit!

Stadium Blitzer Tyres

Hi Good People !

Does anyone know where can I buy some 'Front Rib Tyres' for the Blitzer front wheels of a different brand other than Tamiya? Also for the Rear Tyres too, please?

I find the Tamiya ones a bit "soft"...

Thanks in advance, Good People !

Happy Racin'  !!

I'd be interested in this too, as I have an early ReRe Stadium Blitzer to restore and the tyres on it, particularly rears, are pretty much bald (and seem very thin too).

Possibly Schumacher?. Or Traxxas?

I know I have seen ribbed tyres somewhere.

I used to run proline road hawgs on my Blitzer. Or dirt hawgs.

Now that I really like. When I get round to my Blitzer resto, I'd like to go Beetle shell, is that one a genuine Blitzer Beetle, a Scorcher or something third party like Kamtec?

On 9/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, thegorf said:

Now that I really like. When I get round to my Blitzer resto, I'd like to go Beetle shell, is that one a genuine Blitzer Beetle, a Scorcher or something third party like Kamtec?

Genuine Blitzer Beetle.  Shell comes black, so primed grey first.  Included another shot of the tires in keeping with the op's topic..

Blitzer1.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 12:45 PM, steponit! said:

I find the Tamiya ones a bit "soft"...

I don’t know of any alternatives to the originals but maybe fitting some aftermarket foam inserts might stiffen them up a bit?

When I fitted my front tyres I stuck them on with Silicone sealant. Unintentionally they are sealed air tight so squeezing the tyres with fingers they feel like they have been pumped with air, and have been fine for a couple of years now.