ACCEL

Fullmetal Alchemist T3-01

That's easily the craziest T3-01 I've ever seen. I'm looking at getting that same brushless system for my Mini-T 2.0, can't imagine it on a tricycle.

I see that you are a man of culture as well ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash said:

I see that you are a man of culture as well ;)

culture?

a little mold behind the ears perhaps.:lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

Where did you get the HR intermediate gear? Sold out every where.

ordered them about a month ago.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Hot Racing TTDR3728H and this gear ratio

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TTDR3827H;c=1289

https://www.rcmart.com/gpm-racing-aluminum-39t-12t-rear-main-gear-black-for-tamiya-t3-01-t31239t-bk-00087528

https://www.rcmart.com/hot-racing-aluminum-spur-gear-39t-12t-for-tamiya-t3-01-dancing-rider-ttdr3912h-00080100

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Tamiya-T3-01-Dancing-Rider-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Tamiya&model=T3-01+Dancing+Rider&id=161757&pid=1

this is all could find as of right now (intermediate gear?)

when i shop for a model i always scour for their hop ups and purchase every thing weather it's needed or not.

too many times in the past i have looked into purchasing after the fact and all i get is crickets.

it's the inherent risk of supply and demand, and i demand them all right now:lol:

their has been a few times where i'll get a couple of the same part just in case but then that cuts into some other builds needed parts, it's hit or miss.

i bid you luck Tamiya Fan 1.

• Like 2

Thanks for the detailed response. I purchased one of these about the same time as you. (as far as I can tell. any way) Thought it looked like a cheap build to fill in time. Well I started buying hop- ups ahead of time. I shop (plan) ahead of schedule to, before the kit was ordered. While I was planning and looking through all the sites of where to order (maybe a day wait) and that intermittent gear disappeared. Well I can't find any where right now so I have all HR gears and the stock int. gear. might be all right. Waiting for motor mount now. (another oops) I went with 28 pinion and Sport Tuned motor.

I bought hop ups to make it better, but also they were "cheap". It adds up for those "cheap" parts and not a "cheap" build any more! I only did the smaller hop-ups though. I can imagine what $ you have into yours, changing every thing! You have the "King" T3-01.

Your build was not out when I started mine. (or didn't find till now) Keep bringing the build I'm following it. Should be a fast one!

• Like 2

Warning: Side window masks are bigger than the side widows prepare to trim to fit, that is all.

WnC4Cnu.jpg

• Like 1

I found out earlier in the build there are two different size wheel hexes for this machine,12mm & 9mm which also means there are two different sized threaded rear shafts and wheels (rims).

well that's nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ACCEL said:

HIawuaX.jpg

this makes it official:lol:

Thanks for that. I'm sure most of us were confused!! 😜

• Haha 1

NICE!!  I hope you have everything sterilized and the latest equipment... And most of all, the proper amount of diversity in the OR.... We wouldn't want anyone getting... 591933229_TRIGGERED1.gif.3ae4bc1d7b3d2b93c205f499eb7533c9.gif

• Haha 1

HOLY CRAP!!! I NEED a T3-01 in my life! 😊🍻🍻💯  OK, so there's a cue in front of it........ 

MERC GT-3 Body and Interior Plate for my TT-02, FF-03 (if I have to STEAL ONE!!), M01-04 and M07-08(09??) to have my Mini collection, Avante 2001 (WITH Yeah Racing Alumininium Knuckles and C-Hubs), King Cab and Madcap (SEE FF-03 description), XV-01, Clodbuster, King Blackfoot, TA-04 and XV-301.....

But really need the Body and Interior Plate. The rest comes NEXT YEAR, after my Miracle finally happens!! 😁  But definitely a Dancing Rider in the mix. I will be THIS excited when I can get a Body!!! 246223363_TIMMAAAAsing2.gif.51794f6ccabacc0d82c6f178d71c4b84.gif

...... I've only waited Four Years for it. 😜

On 9/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, ACCEL said:

I found out earlier in the build there are two different size wheel hexes for this machine,12mm & 9mm which also means there are two different sized threaded rear shafts and wheels (rims).

well that's nice.

Ok Carmine A this is for you and anyone that falls into purchasing the Spike tires it has their own size wheel (Rim) and these slicks have the chrome wheels of its own size not compatible with each other nor the stock wheels, (now on Tamiya's site it's specific apparently).

so to use the stock wheels from the Dual Rider kit's  Parts Tree provides both 12mm & 9mm wheel hexes for  but they are for the kits stock drive shaft which uses a screw not wheel nuts to mount the wheel (i had purchased three different rear drive shafts) Square RC Aluminum , GPM Stainless Steel and Tamiya OP-1857 #54857 which all three are 4mm rear drive shafts, so i did this to make my wheels fit to these, the 9mm wheel hexes

XivcZJI.jpg

remove the rook's castle top, Dremel pin channel, drill/hone wheel hex hole to 4mm, shim pin and shaft on bearing side and dill 4mm hole in each rim (wheel) and install.

Whew!

P.S.

even Timmy can do this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice crisp paint job! it looks good. Isn't that nuts about wheel hub sizes. 

Do you like the sleeks better than the knobbies and will this be a Shelf Queen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

Nice crisp paint job! it looks good. Isn't that nuts about wheel hub sizes. 

Do you like the sleeks better than the knobbies and will this be a Shelf Queen?

it zips along, i just dig the fact that the Motor has the built in ESC and  it saves a trunk load of space.

the slicks look better and really wasn't thinking off road for this type of trike.

i'd say the only learning curve is what i came across with the rear wheels and all.

i have darn near a complete kit with all the other left overs and already received the Dancing Rider body and getting ready to do the trani and then  i'll have two.

you know Ed has a brother, Alfonse.

Thanx for viewing, and i believe i'll just show intermediate pics here of the brother build later in time and not have a new thread on it.